Saturday, May 11, 2013

Sewing Day

Today was the day for the 'Not the Farmers Wife' sewing girls to meet at my house. We're unofficially 'Not the Farmers Wife' group, because none of us are actually sewing on the Farmers Wife blocks at all any more - for reasons of completion, out of love, or utter boredom! We always have a fun time, and it's great to see the girls - Kay, Claire, Denise, Shay, Val (also Lorraine and Loz who couldn't make it today).

In other news, on Thursday I picked up the top of a runner I made a while back - and last night I had an epiphany: I could quilt it and give it to Mum tomorrow for Mother's Day. So in the dark hours I set about quilting it, this morning put the binding on, and while the girls were here hand stitched the reverse side of the binding down. I'm really pleased with how it looks:

I have such a talent for taking blurry photos - don't you envy my mad photography skillz??

There is still a TON of this fabric left in my stash, so I think I may make another of these runners for myself. I'll add it to the ever growing list of Things I'd Like to Make.

I hope everyone has a lovely Mother's Day tomorrow, I'm really looking forward to seeing my Mum and Nanna. Chatter soon! xox

4 comments:

My name is Riet said...

That tablerunner is beautiful. I love the fabric too.
Have a nice weekend

Nancy said...

Your Mother is going to love this sweet table runner.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Awesome Mothers Day gift

Shay said...

It really is a fabulous Mother's Day gift Taz. I bet she loved it.

Thanks for Saturday . I always love lobbing up to your place . It such a relaxing day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails