Thursday, May 02, 2013

Quilts 1700-1945

This year from the 15th June to the 22nd of September, the Queensland Art Gallery is holding a wonderful exhibition of quilts from the period of 1700-1945. This will be a must-see event, and I'm going to move heaven and earth to get there if I possibly can. If only the exhibition was travelling to Adelaide!

(source) The Rajah Quilt 1841 - pieced by unknown female convicts aboard the Rajah

This amazing exhibition features quilts from the Victoria and Albert Museum's collection, quilts loaned from selected UK museums, the Rajah quilt above, as well as other small handmade objects. Click here to visit the main page for the exhibition.

And now the main reason for this post:  I was contacted by the Press & PR Manager of the Victoria & Albert Museum (seriously!!) to share details of a fabulous fabric collection they have in their Gift Shop.

I had no idea they had fabrics, and after checking them out, I know I MUST add some to my fabric collection. They're a delight for vintage style and modern quilters alike. Visit their shop to see all the lovely fabrics on offer.

And a quick sneaky peek of just one of the bundles available:

V&A Fabrics: Fat Quarter Bundles £35 - Available in Teal, Sage, Beige, Fuschia and Coral.
Exclusive to the V&A Shop

Have fun with your fabric shopping - I am advised that they ship worldwide, so click away. And if you get to the exhibition, do let me know all about it, I'm really hoping to get there too.

Disclaimer: I was not paid or compensated in any way for this blog post - just very happy to pass on a wonderful fabric source to my readers.

5 comments:

Jan Mac said...

Oh I really want to see the exhibition too. Luckily it is on for a few months and a wonderful chance to see the Rajah Quilt too.
Hugs

Missy Shay said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! I always love when I see quilts in museums!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

is this exhibit far from you? I hope you can go it sounds very interesting - I love seeing these old quilts in museum.

K said...

I would love to go this, but like I posted to Karen styles, the flight from California would be a killer!

Shay said...

That Rajah Quilt looks right up your alley Tazz. Can we expect to see that making an appearance at Not the Farmers Wife group?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails