Thursday, March 31, 2022

Life is about to get busy again!

I don't have a lot to share with you this week, as I've been quite busy cleaning out the kitchen ready for the little 'refresh' that's beginning tomorrow. I'm out of iso, so our cabinet maker is able to come in and get his work done. It's not a huge deal - new benchtops and tiling, but it'll be nice to have something shiny and new to look at. We don't know that this is the forever configuration for our kitchen, so I'm not having the whole thing redone yet. I'll try and remember to take before and after pictures!

Also because my iso is done now, babysitting, tennis, and quilting group can begin again. All wonderful diversions, so I won't be getting quite so much sewing done.

But in crafty news, I started a little something two days ago:

It's 9" at this point, and who knows where it will end up. The applique block is a Sue Garman design, from the Afternoon Delight quilt that I'd like to make some day. It's on the list.

On the Moda Blockheads front, I was so enamoured with block 1 that I decided to make it up in the smaller size too:

I don't think I'll make up both sizes each week, so I'll have to decide which I like best and stick to it. I saw that block 2 is out now, and I can't wait to get busy making it. So much fun!

And I finished the second elf from from the Twas the Night series from mmmCrafts:

I'm waiting on a delivery of supplies before I can make the girl-elf's accessories, but aren't they cute? I have absolutely loved making these little elven folk and will be making a bunch more of Larissa's fun items.

And last up for today, I wanted to share a little something I snapped when I was putting fabric away last week:

This is my fabric closet - it only has my yardage on those three shelves, which means the smallest pieces are half a yard or metre, and probably most of the pieces are two metres or more. It occurred to me (as it often does) that if I continue using fabric at such a slow rate, I'm literally NEVER going to run out of fabric. I won't even come close to using it all in my lifetime. 

I need to spend more time in my sewing room, that much is clear ... now I just need to find creative ways to make that happen! :-)

That's it from me this week - I feel sure I'll have some fun eye candy for you next week, chatter soon! xox

8 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have so much fabric in my bins I don't think I will ever run out! and yet I buy more that I really don't need. have fun getting the new kitchen remodel done

Kyle said...

Love that border print around the applique block. Don't feel guilty about your fabric. Enjoy.

SueM said...

I think I need a lesson in how to fold my stash! Love the ornaments, they are next in my list to make from Larissa. What glue did you find that works? I have had trouble finding just the right one.

Wendy Caton Reed said...

That Sue Garman block is so delightful. I love her work. I never met her in person, but she was always so sweet and helpful to me online. Such a tragic loss. I love how you bordered the block. Those elves are just the cutest thing ever! And, your tidy shelves of fabric are an inspiration. I too would have to live well past 100 to use up the fabric I have. It doesn't stop us from accumulating more, does it? Enjoy the day.

Nancy said...

Your Sue Garman block is so beautiful. I love everything about it. Appliqueing the shape must have required great care.
Your little elves are adorable. Such fine painting of the faces!
Your fabric closet looks so inviting. In many ways I think it's easier to buy fabric than to use all of it. I'm sure many of us will leave lots of fabric behind when we go.
I hope your kitchen redo goes/went smoothly. Always lots of preparation for the work to be done, then clean-up afterward.

Susie Q said...

I have bought NO fabric this year ....... as it finally hit me that there is no way I can use all of what I have. So..... stop buying..... and if you find you need more let me know and I will send you bunches.....

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

I love your blocks! And Sue Garman patterns. I have the same problem with over abundance of fabric collection I started in 2003 when I really started quilting. Someone will enjoy all the batiks and Reproductions when I am gone…. But for now I am going to just enjoy making something out all the beautiful fabric that was made a long time ago and cannot be replaced with the current fabric. Hugs and have fun!

Janet said...

Your blocks are beautiful. I love you way your used the squiggly fabric. Perfect. I cannot believe you have the patience to make the dolls. Happy stitching.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails