Friday, March 04, 2022

It's Friday night ...

Yes it is, it's Friday night, and if I'm to keep up my commitment of posting weekly on a Friday, time is ticking. If I'm honest, I feel kind of flat about it - blogging just seems so unimportant at the moment. My heart breaks over what's happening in the world and it's easy to feel so helpless. There are many ways quilters can help right now, for example Pat Sloan has created a block you can download in exchange for a donation to Unicef:

https://ukraine.unicef.org.au/quiltersstandforukraine

Medecins Sans Frontiers are sending medical supplies into the Ukraine:

https://www.msf.org/ukraine 

These are obviously two very different ways to help, and there are so many more. Please do your research and help however you feel you can.

Though I just didn't feel like doing much this week, I'll share a couple of things ... I managed to get the scrappy Kaffe squares together, my photo is dark and it's not pressed yet, I'm thinking it'll look nice once it's quilted:

It's amazing how tricky it can be not to get squares with the same fabric close together. I don't think I have any exact matches together, but they're adjacent ... and some in a different colourway are abutting. I love the riot of colour, fabric placement isn't going to bother me.


This picture won't look any different to when I shared it last, but I've filled in a couple of small blank areas, gone over some spaces where the numbers were showing through a little, and put a light coat of varnish over the whole thing. I'll pop the picture aside for a little bit while I rehab the frame, and then I can figure out where to hang it.

Last of all for this post, I received a little happy mail today:


I absolutely love my KitchenAid mixer, it's one of the most used appliances in my kitchen. I have long coveted a pretty ceramic bowl for it, but here in Australia the price of accessories is pretty high - the bowls are $199 and just seemed a little costly for something I don't really need. Anyway, last week the Qantas store had a one third off sale for items using frequent flyer miles, so I thought I'd indulge. So, in a round-about kind of way, I paid nothing for the bowl, and that made me happy. Let's pretend not to notice the travelling/shopping I did to accrue the points in the first place ;-)

So that's it for me for this week, I hope I am able to be inspired to spend more time in the sewing room this week so I'll have something more interesting to share next week. Thank you for the comments and emails, I always appreciate them. I also want to say Hi and thank you to Carol from Texas. You're a regular visitor and I welcome your messages, your email address doesn't show up on your comments, so I'm not able to reply by email even though I would like to, hugs to you!

Chatter soon xox

5 comments:

lmno said...

I am very interested in the design you choose for quilting.

Janet O. said...

All those Kaffe prints together make a very fun quilt!
Nice job on the painting. I went back a few posts and followed your progress. You've done very well!
Oh, I didn't even know those ceramic bowls existed for the KitchenAid. I use my appliance ALL the time. In fact, I had been using my MIL's old refurbished white one for many years, and a couple of years ago I bought myself a new plum colored one. A ceramic bowl on that would look lovely. ;)

Janet said...

Thank you for taking the time to blog. It definitely is a bright spot for me.
Yes these are very trying times.
The quilt top is very cheerful. Can't wait to
see the picture framed.
I have never seen those ceramic bowls. I am like you, I love my mixer.
Try to have a nice weekend and take care.

Carol in Texas said...

Thanks Tazzie! I look forward to your blog entries. The Kaffe squares are wonderful!!!! I do not have any of his fabrics but it would be fun for all those scraps I have boxed up on the shelf, particularly if I chose colorful pieces. My revival of crossstitch has hampered my quilting interest for now, but I love reading the quilting blogs to see what they are doing. I too love my Kitchenaid mixer. I have seen a Pyrex bowl with spout on episodes of Cook’s Country on our PBS station, but I have never seen the lovely ceramic bowl. Thanks for showing me something new!!!! Love from Texas!

Jean McGee said...

The quilt looks beautiful, well done Tara. There is certainly a lot of sadness around, floods, loss of lives and property as well as overseas, thank goodness we can get pleasure from producing lovely quilts, etc and have the fellowship of our groups at quilting.😍😍

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails