Friday, March 18, 2022

Happy Friday!

Hello there, and Happy Friday! I have a few things to share with you this week!

First up, I can't believe I forgot to share this with you last week, I made a dress for Mary, and I just love it:

This is the first clothing item I've made for her, it's the Alice dress from Rebecca Page patterns, and it was quite easy to sew. I used a cute May Gibbs fabric from Spotlight, it's so darling, and Amy loved the little tushies you see here and there.

It's lined with a Lori Holt fabric I purchased recently, it just seemed to go so well with the other fabric that any plans I had for this fabric went out the window. There will always be more fabric!

I also made a new shirt for dolly, I'm getting close to finishing her little wardrobe of clothing:

The last garment to make from the Tilly pattern is the little felt cardigan, and I'm looking forward to working on that.

This week in quiet moments I put another Lily Rosenberry block together, I'm just finishing up the last of the applique now with only the berries and the vase left to stitch down.


I opened up some of the packages of scraps I purchased from Somerset Patchwork for the greens in this block, it's so much fun having a huge variety of fabrics in a quilt, I'll never tire of being a scrap quilter. I think this is the eighth block now, so I'm half way done with the centre of the quilt. I'm not working on it as often as I should, I seem to be a bit of a distracted quilter lately - working on so many things at once.

And here is another fun thing I'm working on after seeing the charming end results on lovely Janet Treen's instagram:


This is my first Little Elf from a pattern by mmmCrafts. If you follow that link, be prepared for endless cuteness and Etsy spending. I am in love with these patterns and I plan to make many, assuming this one goes well of course :-) I'm looking forward to sewing the pieces and seeing this little Elf come to life.

I had a little happy mail come this week also, some fabric from Michelle Yeo:


At some point I'd like to make the Antique Wedding Sampler by Di Ford-Hall, and these fabrics will be perfect for the broderie perse blocks. Whenever I see fabric I think will work for broderie perse, I grab it as I don't tend to see it that often.

Last up for today, I wanted to share that Mary's Dolly Varden 1st birthday cake worked out quite well, I'm so glad I gave it a try.


Now that the cake is all gone, Barbie has been washed off, her legs snapped back on, and she's in the toy box ready to be played with another day.

I'm so pleased I've been able to have a few moments to myself for sewing this week after quite a busy time, and next week I'm sure to have more to share with you again. Chatter soon! xox

7 comments:

Denice Barker said...

You've been busy! And quite productive, but I have to say, that little dress for Mary is adorable!

Pam said...

Great post, full of so much beauty. I make little pants to go under the dresses for DGD. So far, none of them have managed to remove their nappies and I would like to keep it that way. The little pants remove temptation

cityquilter grace said...

awed by all your varied crafty skills! my daughter had a doll cake when she was small..they are fun and yours is adorable! lovely fabric, superb applique!

Janet said...

You are an absolute world wind, you have been very busy. Mary's dress and Tilly's shirt are so cute. You do the gorgeous Lily blocks so fast. The cake is out of this world. What line is your Michele Yeo fabric? Gorgeous. As always thank you for sharing.

Janet O. said...

So many skills in one post, and all so well done. I am impressed!
Your appliqué block is gorgeous, and I love the purple Barbie cake. :)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

such a cute little dress - I never do that kind of stuff but sure like seeing them!

Barb said...

cute dress and fun cake.
I made one years ago but I worked around the legs, lol. clever to take them off.
fun little elf kit :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails