Friday, February 25, 2022

This weeks bits and pieces ...

Last week I shared the squares I had been busy cutting out, and during the week I started stitching a simple top together. I think I'm about 3/4 done:

I'm sure it'll look much more interesting when it's all together and pressed - fingers crossed! I do love the Kaffe prints, they're all so pretty.

Also this past week I sort of finished the paint by numbers I had been working on:

I say 'sort of' because I need to go over it really carefully and make sure I haven't missed any places, and also ensure that none of the numbers are showing through on the light coloured areas. I'm pretty happy with how it's come out. 

And last week I forgot to share the frame that Marty and I picked up while we were out and about. It looks icky at the moment - it was in pretty bad shape when we stumbled across it, but we both feel that with a little TLC it could look great!

It needs a really good clean, and possibly a light sand and oil. The frame had an old (and quite damaged) picture of a very dapper gentleman. My lovely quilting ladies were super excited to open up the picture and see if there were any identifying marks inside the frame or on the reverse of the picture, but sadly there werent, so he's a mystery man.

Wouldn't it be fun to know who he is? I'm guessing the picture is early 20th century based on his clothing and look. You can see the reflections of some of my buddies in the picture. Anyway, my sweet friend Bridgie is giving him a new home, so he can live on mysteriously at her house. 

Last of all for today, I wanted to share that I've put my Faux Stitchery Table Topper in my Etsy store. It's available in PDF or Paper Pattern form, and with the paper pattern I'll send a set of the stitchery blocks.

I really like it, and I hope you do too!

This has been quite a week in so many ways, but today I'm going to close with a heartfelt wish that this world could know peace. It's so hard to see people suffering, and I really wish I could wave a magic wand and change it. Big wishes, I have so many xoxox

5 comments:

Carol in Texas said...

I bet the mystery man’s picture was taken on his wedding day! Why else would he have that flower cluster in his lapel? I love your quilt of Kaifeng fabrics. The simple blocks make such a wonderful quilt. I too pray for peace…..and most especially the people of Ukraine. Keep blogging!

Pam said...

Your table topper is lovely

Janet said...

Love the Kaffe quilt. Your paint by number picture is beautiful. I've never done one and don't know that I have your patience to do one. Lovely.
Table topper is beautiful still can't believe it's a panel.
Yes, peace in the world please.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Interesting picture of a young man which is probably over 100 years old! Love the table topper.

I sit in awe that the world is letting one man allow the death and destruction. This includes the president of USA!
Hug

Jean McGee said...

Love your painting, looks gorgeous, so does the table topper, you are such a clever lady.
It's a tragic situation in Europe I feel so sad for the people having to leave their country and for the loss of life.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails