Friday, February 04, 2022

Quickie Post

This has been one of those weeks. Not one that I can bore you with all the details - but a week that is inevitable when family members grow older. Our families absolutely mean the world to us, so it's really hard to bear when it's not easy to just fix things and move on.

Anyway, stitching time has been scarce, so I don't have a lot to share - I did manage to get this table topper finished:

I just fell in love with this stitchery panel by Primitive Gatherings and I've been looking for all sorts of ways to use the little blocks. They're just adorable. I'm going to use them to make a table runner for the coffee table too - the Thimbleberries runner I shared recently really needs to be replaced - I did a little research and figured out that it was a club project from 2004!

And in other stolen moments, I've been working really hard to finish up the Paint by Numbers project so I can start working on the mmmCraft decorations:

I'm getting so close! This weekend Marty and I will do a quick trip into the Barossa Valley, and while we're there I'll look in a couple of antique/second hand stores to see if I can find an old frame that will work with this picture. I've really enjoyed splashing paint around, how fun it would be if I was artistic and able to paint like this for real!

Sorry this is going to be so brief today, I really hope I'll have something more newsy to share with you next week. Thank you for sticking with me! *hugs*

6 comments:

Janet said...

I love the way you used the panel. If you haven't said it was a panel I would have thought it was stitched. Beautiful.
Your painting is looking great and I love the idea of an old antique frame.
Hope all is well with you and the family. We are having very cold weather here in SE Texas. BRRRRRRRRRRR.

Nancy said...

I hope the family member who needs help/attention is okay. It's always hard when loved ones grow older.
Your painting is beautiful! Do you know what company made it?

Pam said...

Best wishes to you and your family.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Been there done what you are going through. I was in my 40's when I had to become guardian, etc and it was when I was married, raising to teenagers (step sons) working (career of 38 years) and trying to finish my college degree at night. It was a long stressful life with the ex and working for the Feds in the 1980's. Clay and I have had the past 7 years with his kids getting sick and passing and the daughter passed in August. But now we are just trying to get back to normal after having a light case of the flu.

I have the fabrics from Thimbleberries. In fact, I found one of the quilts I had quilted the other day in a stack of 4 that just need the binding done. I will do a post when I finish them. I had them quilted in 2014 - about the time all heck started with family! Never ending.

Hang in there - Hugs I like the new table topper~You did well with the PBN's.

Elvira said...

Es precioso tu quilt con los bloques bordados le quedan geniales
Besos

Violet said...

beautiful shots

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails