Friday, April 08, 2022

Checking things of the Reno list!

This week the only bit of sewing/quilting I was able to get done was block 2 from the Moda Blockheads 4 project. I've only made the 4.5" size at this stage, I may go back and make the 9" too because it's awfully cute!

Block 1 on the left, and 2 on the right. I'm having such fun using up scrap fabrics and I'll continue to do so!

Stitching time was VERY limited this past week, because the very day after we were released from isolation, our kitchen guy came in and started demolition. We had organised several months back to have a little kitchen refresh to update the benchtops and tiling (and to rework some cupboards on the other side of the kitchen. 

When they got started, I almost forgot to take a before picture, the oven was already taken out and the cooktop had started to be disassembled before I remembered! 

It's all just very blah - you can see the surfaces are very dated - this kitchen was installed 28 years ago, and while everything is reasonable condition, it just felt like it was time for a change.

And here's how it looks now. I'm so much happier with it. My picture isn't great as it was at night, but the marble feature tiles in the middle are a lovely jade green colour, and they look so pretty. I had changed the handles on the cabinets over late last year they were originally cream coloured plastic handles. 

We didn't redo the whole kitchen as it's not certain that this will be the final configuration of the space - we've discussed making it larger at some point. But if that doesn't happen, we'll get Brian back to update the doors, and we can call this done.

The next projects on our list are to take up all the tiles and replace them with timber floors, and also to change the showers in our bathrooms. Will we be finished renovating then? Who knows?

Anyway, that has been my week, I know I'll have more time for stitching in the coming week, so I'll check back in with you all soon! xox

6 comments:

Janet O. said...

A very nice kitchen refresh. I love the backsplash tiles above your stove, and the countertop is very pretty. I guess I'll have to wait another 10 years for a kitchen refresh, because mine was finished in 2004, but there are definitely things I would love to change now! :)

Pam said...

The renovation looks lovely

Sandy said...


I’m really liking your Blockheads 1 and 2, now I’m intrigued and tempted to join in. Your kitchen refresh is coming along nicely! Mine is only ten years old and already I wish I’d picked a different counter top. Oh well, I guess we should feel blessed that we even have a kitchen! Lol!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Very Pretty Tazzie! Everyone is going to the grey and white colors in their kitchens. I like the way you did yours! Hugs

Janet said...

Very pretty blocks and as always love the fabric choices.
Your kitchen is gorgeous and very welcoming. enjoy.

Nancy said...

Your quilt blocks are delightful. Beautiful fabrics.
Your kitchen redo looks great. I know you didn't change the cupboards but I still think they're a beautiful color. The tiles behind your stove are very striking. You probably love the curved edges on your new countertops. Kitchen re-dos can be so stressful. So glad it's over for you (at least for now).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails