Friday, April 22, 2022

Inspired to applique ...

My Lily Rosenberry applique blocks have been a little neglected lately. I worked on a block for a bit last week, and that's almost finished, but I need inspiration to keep plugging away at them. So this morning I laid them out on the floor to see how they look together:


None of the blocks have been trimmed or pressed, so they're a little further apart than they will ultimately be, and also a little rumpled, but I'm super happy with how it's all looking! This is exactly the inspiration I needed to keep working away at these darling blocks.

It's so much fun to see the patterns forming where the blocks meet - I spent quite a bit of time looking them over. Imagine how much time I'll waste when I'm actually finished with them! And I'm so glad I decided to use a bunch of different fabrics, in my opinion it gives such an interesting texture to the quilt.

I'm also up to date with the Moda Blockheads blocks. Here is block 5 - once again fabrics plucked from my scrap baskets:


This block is from Me and My Sister Designs, it's an easier one this week, but ever so cute. I mentioned last week that I might go ahead and make the blocks in the 9" size as well, and I've decided I'll go ahead and do it. If I'm really good I should have time to stitch them over the next week or so.

In addition, I've been itching to do some simple machine work for a pieced quilt, so perhaps this block in the larger size will be good for that. I have some decisions to make!

Something I've noticed over the past week or two is that Bloglovin' doesn't seem to be working. Is anyone else seeing this? I sincerely hope it's not shutting down forever, I have a lot of my favourite blogs saved there and rely on it for updates. I'm so glad I have saved some to my sidebar here, but that has been a work in progress, and I'm not done with all my favourites. Once again, if you're a reader and you'd like to see your blog on my list, please comment and let me know. I always love to visit new people.

And last of all for today, thank you so much for the orders I received for painted heads after last week's post, I appreciate them so much! If you're working on Larissa Holland's mmmCrafts projects and are nervous about painting the sweet faces, I can help you out - be sure to check my Etsy store:


I'm determined that I'll make a complete set of the ornaments for little Mary to begin her own collection of Christmas decorations. This is a very easy declaration to make while I only have one grandbaby ;-)

I think that's all I had to tell you about this week ... but if I remember anything else, I'll check back in on the weekend. Chatter soon! xox

10 comments:

Cherie Moore said...

I’ve been following your blog for years and love your quilts and gingerbread houses!. I love seeing a new post come up when I log into Feedly, the blog reader I use :)

Sue said...

Lily is looking fabulous. The Blockhead block looks good. Scrap blocks are fun to make. I'm an ex-pat Aussie and the name of your blog caught my eye recently, so of course I had to check it out. So glad I did!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

First time I have read your post on Bloglovin - that is going away also huh? What a world we live in! Your Lily is looking great. I am going to start on either finishing Mary Brown (need to look at the blocks again or going into LIly for a difficult applique project. This time aI want to pick a pattern that I will make the entire quilt, not cut it short as I have done in the past. I guess we all tend to get bored with the same. It would be fun to find more traditional quilters who applique. The needle turn applique is going away and I hope not forever. Hugs

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

for the last two weeks many have complained of Bloglovin and they are not getting updates. I use Feedly reader and have had no problems with it.
Your quilt blocks are beautiful - one day it will be finished!

Cathy said...

Your applique blocks are beautiful. I love the secondary pattern the four bottom right blocks make. Hugs

Gretchen Weaver said...

I love your Lily blocks, they're so beautiful! Sometimes working on the same block for applique gets very tedious. Happy stitching!

Alison said...

Oh Lily is looking so gorgeous. The constant of the vases is so calming. Must pull my Lily put and enjoy for a while. Thanks so much for the update - just what I needed to get some oomph going after dragging my heels for ages (Covid lethargy)

Janet O. said...

Your Lily Rosenberry blocks are gorgeous. The secondary patterns are very fun, and I love your urn fabric. I agree that using multiple fabrics for the rest of each block adds texture and dimension.
I have had trouble with Bloglovin' for a little while now, and just assumed my browser (which needs updating) was the problem. Maybe that isn't the problem at all.
I must have missed something, because I'm not sure what the painted bead heads are for, but they certainly are cute.

cityquilter grace said...

stunning applique...will be a true heirloom when finished....

Nancy said...

Your Rosenberry blocks are beautiful. Like you, I think a variety of fabrics adds interest to a quilt with the same blocks. I like how similar but different yours are.
Your painted heads are adorable. I think they must take a very steady hand.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails