Friday, April 15, 2022

Working on a few things ...

This week as predicted, I was able to spend more time in the sewing room. I'm having fun flitting from project to project, which is not usually how I work at all!

I began prepping my ninth Lily Rosenberry block:

It's so much fun mixing up all the red and green prints. I really hope it makes for a visually interesting quilt at the end. Still lots to go before I can begin working on the applique, and I can't wait to start!

Here are the last two Moda Blockhead 4 blocks:

Block 3

Block 4

It's so much fun rummaging around in my scrap stash selecting the fabric for each block. I may still go back and make the 9 inch blocks too, there is a setting option that uses both size blocks which looks like fun!

And I continued work on this month's mini quilt, it's coming along!


Right now I'm working on mitering the border for this little quilt, and then I can get busy quilting it. So much of the fun of these mini quilts is deciding on which one I'd like to make, it's so great to have a finish so quickly!

And last of all for today, here is something I've been working on for my Etsy store:


I so enjoyed working on the little Elves by mmmCrafts and received so many compliments on the painted faces I had given them. Apparently there are people not interested in doing the painting themselves, so I've offered a limited number painted bead heads on my Etsy store. If this is something you're interested in, I'll be happy to help you out.

So that's it for the fun I've had in my sewing room! I'm babysitting little Mary for two days over this weekend, we're going to have lots of fun and we both wish you all a Happy Easter, and I'll chatter again next week! xox

4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I had not heard of the Lily Rosenberry quilt so I had to google and see what it looks like - wow - that is a lot of little berries you will need to make - I love the background you are using and I think that will add so much interest.

Kyle said...

The applique is beautiful and the combination of fabrics will be visually exciting. You got me on your tease for your mini. Love it already.

cityquilter grace said...

all very beautiful projects and adorable elves!...and too much fabric? i can relate...LOL

Janet said...

Oh wow, you have been busy. You will the Sue Garman quilt done in now time. As I always say your fabric choices are outstanding.
Such patience you have with the doll heads. Great post. Happy stitching.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails