Friday, April 01, 2011

What shall I finish?

Now that I've finished the top of my Nearly Insane quilt, I thought it would be a great time over the next month to work on a few projects that are laying around unfinished. First up, I've quilted and bound my Kaffe fabric quilt.

All that is left is to stitch the binding down on the reverse side, and then it's all done. I have my wonderful friend Linda to thank for the gift of this kit while I was staying with her last year in the US. Can you see the cute fabric that I selected for the back peeking out there. It was one of the fabrics I thought may become a border - but I'm glad I didn't choose it in the end :-)

And here is the latest item from what has become one of my new addictions:

I'm entirely hooked on Masons Vista pink dinnerware, and when I saw this piece, I just had to snap it up. It's a cheese wedge, and it arrived here safely all the way from the UK. Amazing!

I have the house to myself for the weekend, so I foresee some late nights, some sleep ins, and plenty of stitching time. Bring it on!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the quilt and the dinnerware. I have never heard of Masons Vista, but I am loving it!! Have a fabulous weekend!

Clare said...

My grandmother had a complete set of Masons Vista. It was sold after her death and I wonder if that was her's. Wouldn't it be funny if it was.

The quilt is gorgeous! Have fun at the weekend. I could do with a whole weekend to myself.

Scrappy quilter said...

Love the quilt. And what a beautiful piece of Masons Vista. Have a wonderful weekend.

Linda said...

Tazzie - your quilt turned out super. I love the border treatment- good job! Cheese Wedge dish - awesome!

Janet said...

The Masons Vista is gorgeous and they must have packed it really well. I see a couple of finishes on the horizon. I was drooling over your NI, it's going to be a stunner.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails