Friday, April 08, 2011

A little sewing ... and a couple of dishes ...

I haven't done much stitching this week, but I have managed to put one block together:

This is Block 14 - Fox and Geese, from the Civil War Quilts project. I'm really quite behind with these darling blocks, but if I at least make two blocks per week for the next few weeks, I'll be able to catch up fairly painlessly. Sometimes the fabric selection is a good deal harder than actually putting the block together!

And here's a little something that arrived today:

I'm determined to have a full set of Masons Vista dishes to use this year for Christmas - and slowly but surely I'm finding pieces to add. These are the 20 10 (oops - typo) inch dinner plates. Of course, I could get a whole set yesterday if I wanted to pay 'full tote odds' but I'm only choosing to buy pieces when they're at reasonably inexpensive prices ... and so far so good. They're just so pretty, and I'm hooked!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your color choices were gret. I am working on a Civil War Diary quilt too but have not made this block yet.

Scrappy quilter said...

I love your block. I'm behind too. And those dishes...beautiful.

Emma said...

20-inch dinner plates?! What are your appetites like? Not to mention the size your dinner-table must be! ;) Anyway, they look great on your table-runner.

Jan said...

Pretty block, and isn't it more fun to search out your plates than to buy a full set?!

ForestJane said...

I definitely think you need a red toile table runner to use with those dishes. They're so pretty! ;)

Lori said...

Transferware?

Boyett-Brinkley said...

I was checking out your lovely dishes on replacements.com and they have a lot of stock -- I don't know if the prices are reasonable. I liked your photos and thought I would check them out for myself! You are an inspiration!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails