Thursday, April 21, 2011

Civil War Crossings

I haven't been slacking off over the past couple of days - I've been busy piecing away ... and here's where I'm up to:

I made up a test block for the Civil War Crossings project, and because I was super happy with it, I got busy and cut out all the rest of the pieces ...

... and got busy chain piecing. Shouldn't be long now before all 16 blocks are put together. I'm really enjoying this project - and working with 12 inch blocks after the NI blocks feels like working with bed sheets! xox

13 comments:

*karendianne. said...

Oh my gosh - beautiful. Beautiful fabrics and beautiful, beautiful piecing!!!

Lynette said...

LOL! I bet they *do* feel huge! I really like your block. Will enjoy watching the quilt emerge. :D

Impera Magna said...

".....and working with 12 inch blocks after the NI blocks feels like working with bed sheets!"


*lol* I'm sure it does! Have fun!

Miki Willa said...

Wow! This is a beautiful block. The quilt is going to be fantastic.

AnnieO said...

Love all the mix of prints and colors. Boy, that is a lot of cutting up of bed sheets, LOL!

paulette said...

WONDERFUL block...can't wait to see the rest!! Well done!
P

MARCIE said...

Oh wow, that is awesome! Makes me wish I bought more of that fabric!

sewprimitive karen said...

How pretty. Twelve inch blocks would definitely feel enormous!!

SharePoint Server 2010 said...

Lovely work!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Love your block! What a great project that will be! Now that I'm back I need to get sewing again!

Sue said...

Love the blocks Tazzie, especially the Civil War Crossing project. Yum!!
Cheers
Sue

Wendy said...

Wonderful block, I have those same fabrics. Can't wait to see more.

Linda said...

hmm wonder where I have seen that block before? Sure is nice!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails