Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy 2011!

Happy New Year everyone! Isn't it nice that 2011 is stretching out before us like a blank slate to be written on? Do you have any resolutions for this year? I don't always make resolutions, and certainly almost never manage to keep them, but for this year, I'm going to make it a very broad one. 'Do Better'. I would like to think I'll try and look after my health a little better, my family, my home, and my friends too. Nothing specific, perhaps more a state of mind than anything.

So that I could end 2010 on a small personal high, I decided to work on a UFO I'd been stewing over for a little while. You can see where I left the project here.


I purchased four different border fabrics for this quilt, and I still don't think that I've chosen the right one. The thing that was really holding me back though, was the black and white inner border. I wanted to piece the border from squares, but it didn't matter what maths I used, I couldn't get a measurement that worked for the sides as well as the top and bottom. Then the answer hit me yesterday and I'm really happy with it.

I'd like to get started on quilting today, but first I want to get a few chores out of the way. Start the new year with a nice tidy slate ... :-)

7 comments:

Becky said...

Happy New Year to you as well. We have about 2 hours left in 2010 and the neighborhood is full of the noise of fireworks as the threshold of the New Year approaches. Enjoy your first day in the New Year!

AnnieO said...

I renew the same list of resolutions annually--get healthy, get organized, yada yada. It's a comfortable old friend, LOL! But 2011 is the year I turn 50 and I would like to be fit on that day. So that's my main goal. Good luck with yours, goals are good!

I like the border but it doesn't show up great against the carpet--that kind of dulls it down. I'm sure in person it is a lot more fun! Glad you got your maths straightened out.

Gail said...

Love this quilt and your choice of fabrics really makes the most of the pattern.

Linda said...

Border treatment is cute! Linda

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Happy New Year and what a beautiful top you are working on! ;)

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

What a pretty quilt! I see some of my favorite fabrics in there.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Happy New Year...there are some gorgeous fabrics in that project!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails