Sunday, January 02, 2011

Block 1 - Catch Me If You Can

I simply couldn't resist - before I went to bed last night, I cut out the squares, and sewed the HST's for this block of the new Barbara Brackman Civil War Quilts project. I had to leave it there though, as I glanced up at the clock and it was quarter to one in the morning!


So this morning, as soon as breakfast was taken care of, I was straight back into the sewing room - and pictured above is the result. I've chosen three fabrics from the Howard Marcus 'Charity' collection - these ones actually came to me in a Moda Scrap Bag - score!! The block was super easy to put together, and I simply cannot wait for the next one.

And, I have to add, did you see who commented on my last post? Barbara Brackman herself - what an honour! I feel so special, and I'm entirely thrilled that Barbara is making this project available to us all. Do join in if you can - I'm certain you won't be disappointed! xox

13 comments:

Maureen said...

Love your block! Thanks for alerting me to this project. I hope to get my act together and join in!

Helen said...

Awesome! Love the fabric choice. Have fun with this project.

sewprimitive karen said...

Oh nice, Moda Scrap Bag - very cool :-) ; I'm off to make my own.

Becky said...

AHHH... MUST RESIST!!! I'm working on Bonnie Hunter's Roll, Roll Cotton Boll right now and then I HAVE to clear out a bunch of UFO's before I start on something new. But this is SO TEMPTING!

Nancy said...

Ok, so I might have to start this. Like I need another project LOL.

Hugs!

Linda said...

OK- where is the instructions? When can I start? Linda

Anonymous said...

Wow that was quick. I'm a fan of Barbara Brackman and her textile histories. I've already checked out the website. Don't know if I'll be able to keep up with the blocks but I know I'll love reading the stories that go along with them, Tazzie.

Gail :)

Barb H said...

Thanks, Tazzie, for sharing the Civil War Block of the Week site. I'll probably do this as a block of the month and will take forever to finish it. LOL

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh it is so gorgeous! I love it!

Quilter Kathy said...

Love it! Thanks for telling us about this opportunity!

Elsie Montgomery said...

What a lovely project - this block is a beauty. I'm looking forward to the rest of them and seeing your progress!

YankeeQuilter said...

I made one of these too! What a great way to go through the history of the civil war...

Anonymous said...

Your block is on the blog! I joined in too. I'm looking forward to seeing which fabrics everyone chooses.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails