Saturday, January 22, 2011

A finish ...

I'm entirely thrilled! This is my first finish for 2011, and I just love it :-) This project is from Bonnie's Leaders and Enders book, and is called Bowdacious. I loved the process so much that I will definitely make another in the future - one that can live with us.

I'll be sending this quilt on to our friends Pete and Joanne as a gift for their new baby Jade. I really hope they love it.

Tomorrow I have another little something to share. This morning while I was lazing around, Marty popped out to do some chores ... and when he came back needed help to get something out of the car. He had found (through the grapevine) another six drawer treadle and decided I needed to give it a good home. It's in even better condition than the one I got around this time last year - how lucky for me! I'll get him to take the pictures - he's so much better at it than me - when I have them, I promise to share!

13 comments:

Clare said...

Gorgeous quilt. Love the colours.

Another treadle? They'll soon be competing with the shoes LOL!

Becky said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!! And congrats on your "new" old treadle machine.

*karendianne. said...

Tazzie, are you kidding? They'll love it! This one is so gorgeous you're guaranteed they're hearts will be warmed!

Scrappy quilter said...

Beautiful quilt.

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

It's so lovely. I'm sure your friends will treasure it!

Leeanne said...

Just lovely.
I have owned Bonnie's book for some months now and have only just a couple of days ago started something from it.....Classic Strippy.But it will take time to complete.

Impera Magna said...

Beautiful quilts like yours are the very reason I love scrappy quilts and am quilting today. I know your friends will give the quilt a good home and love it.

Congrats on a new treadle machine!

Do you use it to sew things? Just asking because there were a dozen treadle machines in my home ec class and that's what I used to sew my first project.

Joyus said...

Beautiful finish - congratulations

Teresa Rawson said...

I've been bad...lurking and watching your progress without commenting for a while...sorry! That behind me, well done on finishing such a beautiful quilt! Your friends will be so delighted with this (and their baby!). It has been fun watching your progress through all the steps!

In stitches,
Teresa :o)

Toni said...

Congrats on your first finish of the year!! It's soo beautiful!

PatchworkRose said...

Tara the quilt is gorgeous. Another Treadle :-) are you trying to catch up to us ;-) Looking forward to seeing the photos.
Enjoy your Sunday
Cheers
Lynne

Gari in AL said...

Lucky, lucky you. I need to get mine worked on so I can try sewing on it.

loulee said...

I really like this quilt. Very pretty and girly.
I saw an old treadle machine the other day, all in working condition, beautiful stand, drawers etc. I thought of you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails