Friday, January 21, 2011

And it's quilted ...

Just tonight I finished quilting the cot quilt, and I'm so happy with it.

I've used a King Tut variegated thread, the colour is called 'Valley of the Queens'. And the quilting pattern is my 'favourite de jour' ... just a flowery looking thing :-)

And isn't this backing fabric fun? I picked it up on a mega sale a couple of years back, and this seemed like the perfect opportunity to use some of it. Just need to get busy on the binding, and then send the quilt on to it's new home.

Lastly, I need to get in touch with Norma Hamilton from West Des Moines - I'm hoping she's a blog reader. Norma, I've received your order, but the email address that was supplied is bouncing back to me as undeliverable. Please contact me via email - thank you so much!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't you just love King Tut thread?

Nana Time said...

Tazzie, I have been thinking about you for two reasons. One, Oprah is in Australia and showing such amazing video of your beautiful country. What a wonderland and all on one continent/island!

Second, I am making your spiderweb placemats! Thank you for sharing that!

Impera Magna said...

I just love this quilt...and the quilting makes it even better. My "to make" quilt list is getting longer by the minute... but I'm bumping this one up...

Happy Friday!

Unknown said...

Hi Tazzie, do you quilt on your Bernie or do you have a longarm quilter? Your stitches are very nice and even! Hope to here from you!

AnnieO said...

Looking very cozy and sweet. You always surprise me with your sashing choices and they look so good! The little piggies on the back are really cute.

Carole said...

Hey.... you're back on blogland! Welcome back! I now, I'm behind! So good to see you again! Lovely quilt! Thanks for sharing! Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Oh I LOVE the piggy fabric! Is your poinsettia in the ground yet? I must put mine in as the leaves are starting to fall off now.

Melanie said...

Cute ! Cute ! Cute!!! Curl up now and work on that binding...

Anonymous said...

Great work Tazzie, it looks fab!
You're productivity puts me to shame! Hugs :-)

Anonymous said...

I love your bowdacious quilt.I am partial to soft colors Nice job Debbie Kelly http://somewhereinstitches.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails