Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Two Nearly Insane Blocks

It's so nice to be on holidays, I've had the chance to spend time in the sewing room, and I've done some sleeping in too! Blissful! Here are two NI blocks that I've made over the last two days (and for those of you not familiar with the project, these blocks are 6" finished size):

This is block 61 which I finished just a few minutes ago. So many flippy corners!

And isn't this block quite the oddfellow? I wonder what Salinda Rupp was thinking when she made the original quilt all those years ago? Perhaps this block was all about using up the tiniest of her scraps ... I did the very same thing.

9 comments:

Barb H said...

Those blocks area amazing! I'm in awe of how one can work with such small pieces. Will you tell more about "Nearly Insane?" It sounds interesting for a person like me that feels nearly insane on a regular basis. LOL

Teresa Rawson said...

Very nice! Bit by tiny bit you are creating quite an heirloom!

In stitches,
Teresa :o)

AnnieO said...

Love the first block! Wow, such tiny bits cannot possibly make much of a dent in your stash :) The second one gives you the opportunity to use all those bitty prints with the pin-dots and miniature leaves. Cute!

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

Hehehe! I had to chuckle at your "sew many flippy corners" comment! I hear you I hear you!! Geeze, I need to pull this quilt out of cold storage!

Bonnie

Linda said...

I like the oddfellow block!

Yvette said...

They are both gorgeous, you are doing a fantastic job.

ranette said...

I think the first block is my very favorite one in the quilt and I thought the very same thing when I was making the second one. Of course I thought that a lot in the course of making my NI....lol

Your blocks are all so beautiful!

sewprimitive karen said...

Oh! I especially love the second one. That is the happiest quilt.

CoutureCat said...

OMG OMG OMG!! I agree with everything said before me plus~ How Beautiful!!
Keep up the good work.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails