Sunday, January 23, 2011

1926 Singer Treadle

Here she is - my latest Singer Treadle. It's almost identical in every way to the treadle I got on Jan 1 last year, but the woodwork is in much nicer condition. Ohhh, and it's 2 years older - made in 1926.

This is a picture I took earlier - Marty got busy doing other things, but I hope to get him to take some nice pictures when he has some spare time.

This machine came with the instruction book and a few bobbins - nothing like the array of parts and pieces with the other machine, and we'll have to replace the belt. However for the sum of $150 I think Marty got a great deal.

So now I have three treadles - I've chattered to my Mum, and I'm going to give her my original one (which you can see under the quilt in this post). Marty and I don't much like tons of clutter, and as far as furniture and the like goes - we're full!

10 comments:

Clare said...

She's gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful
enjoy
Christine

Impera Magna said...

The machine is gorgeous and looks great behind the sofa! I'm glad it will be treasured!

*karendianne. said...

Magnificent, Tazzie. She's a real beauty! :)

Toni said...

Now that is a great deal and she is soo pretty!!

Scrappy quilter said...

It beautiful and in wonderful shape.

Sue said...

Lucky girl, and lucky to have the room for it.
It looks in great condition, and makes a lovely piece of furniture.
Cheers
Sue

Katie said...

What a lovely cabinet. Mine are much more utilitarian looking. :-)

quiltjude said...

I love it, I am on the hunt for one too.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh she is a beauty! I love her!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails