Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Nearly Insane - Block 80

This is last night's finish from my Nearly Insane blocks - Block 80.


The middle of the block had me quite puzzled for a while, as the pattern in the book bears no resemblance to the block that the author made, or to the block in the original quilt. In the end, I just made up a checkerboard using 1" strips and cut it down on the cross to a 4" piece, and then added the border sections. Probably not the most accurate way to put it together, but I'm happy with it anyway.

In other news: Mum and I made up 9 jars of jam yesterday, and today I'll get some more made up. Last year I didn't get enough made to last all the year, so after we ran out, I had to buy jam - and it's just not the same as home-made. This year we haven't lost so much fruit to birds, so I'll just have to get busy!

And once I'm done in the kitchen, I'm thinking I'll spend some more q-time in the sewing room ... maybe some actual quilting rather than piecing ... we'll see ...

5 comments:

debbie m said...

You amaze me! I've seen you are the first to make the Barbara Brackman Civil War blocks and a NI block on top of that!!!
I'm usually a lurker (regualar follower) of your blog, but I don't often post comments. Love your new curtains, beautiful fabric! Maybe one day I'll be a productive quilter, but for now I'm just too distracted.

Irene Onderweegs said...

So not nearly insane at all!
I can relate to the jam, I make an at home quality as well. DH ends up every week one jar, last year the harvest of soft fruit was well, small, and the problem was happily solved by the 2009 harvest LOL. Too much rain 8^{ in 2010. Hope the rain at your side of the globe will shrink a little bit, as lambswool in hot water. Hope your season ends well!
Irene from Amsterdam

Sarah Jane said...

That block is impressive, certainly from the eyes of a newish quilter. I would be happy with it too. I know what you mean about the jam. The same thing has happened here and we will have to buy from the supermarket for a few months. Still, I like to think that home made is much more appreciated then.

*karendianne. said...

That block is amazing, okay? Just so you know. Pretty fabrics, too.

Lori said...

there is nothing as good as homemade jam. Unless its the jam on fresh homemade bread!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails