This is last night's finish from my Nearly Insane blocks - Block 80.
The middle of the block had me quite puzzled for a while, as the pattern in the book bears no resemblance to the block that the author made, or to the block in the original quilt. In the end, I just made up a checkerboard using 1" strips and cut it down on the cross to a 4" piece, and then added the border sections. Probably not the most accurate way to put it together, but I'm happy with it anyway.
In other news: Mum and I made up 9 jars of jam yesterday, and today I'll get some more made up. Last year I didn't get enough made to last all the year, so after we ran out, I had to buy jam - and it's just not the same as home-made. This year we haven't lost so much fruit to birds, so I'll just have to get busy!
And once I'm done in the kitchen, I'm thinking I'll spend some more q-time in the sewing room ... maybe some actual quilting rather than piecing ... we'll see ...