Saturday, February 25, 2023

Checking things off the to do list ...

Hi friends, this week has been such a busy one, and in the best possible way. Even today I've been working away, and have just managed to get this post started two minutes before midnight! Whew!

I managed to get the owl baby quilt I had been working on bound completely, and today I finished quilting the second owl quilt, this one is a panel with some added borders, so much simpler than the first (which was still a very simple quilt):

I can't wait to gift these two - I won't say too much right now, but I need them for next weekend, so I better get busy with the binding for the second quilt soon!

I also got a start on another quilt top which is destined to be a gift - even though this is a very girly quilt, believe it or not, it's not for little Mary:

I have a bit more time to make this one, so I don't need to panic. The fabric is so sweet, and I'm enjoying working with larger pieces for once. Mary's birthday is coming up soon though, so maybe I should start another quilt for her too? Why not? :-)

And in other stolen moments, I've been putting a few hand quilting stitches in Lily Rosenberry:

It would be so nice to have more time to work on Lily, so if I keep motoring along on the things that MUST be done, then I'll be able to have the time to work on the 'nice to do' things.

And for a special treat, on Tuesday night my Mum, and a friend and I went to the Entertainment Centre to see something we've been waiting excitedly for:

Dick and Angel from Escape to the Chateau were in town on their Dare To Do It tour, and we were lucky enough to get tickets. It was so fabulous and we had seats right up close. They gave a wonderful presentation and behind the scenes tour of their chateau, and we were absolutely enchanted. Ohhh it was just so great! If you're a fan, and they head to your city, do go along. You definitely won't regret it.

I think I should close off here as it's getting super late and I'm ever so tired. But before I go, I want to let you know that I'm way behind on emails, and I plan to catch up this weekend. So I'll chatter soon, big love and hugs!

6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

looks like you have been busy - I love seeing the progress on the Lily quilt

Jeanette said...

You have been busy. Loving seeing the progress you are making on Lily. I didn't know about the tour until to late. :( I would've loved to have gone along to see them.

loulee said...

The girly quilt looks fit for a princess with all those crowns/tiaras.
The owls are adorable.

Janet said...

What a wonderful busy week for you. So much accomplished. Enjoy your weekend.

kiwikid said...

You are super busy, the owl quilt looks wonderful and your Lily quilt is stunning. Good to hear you enjoyed your outing.

jude's page said...

Glad you enjoyed the show, I enjoy watching their programme and seeing what they do to renovate The Chateau.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails