Friday, February 10, 2023

Baby quilts on the way ...

Thank you so much for all the lovely comments on last week's post, I love reading them all. We have such a lovely community of bloggers and readers, it makes my heart happy :-)

This week in the sewing room, I got started on the first of the three baby quilts I'll be making. This one is for my Mum to gift:

Mum found the sweet owl prints in a charity store and gave them to me to work with. They're awfully cute. There wasn't a lot of them, and toward the end, I was piecing the cornerstones together to eke the last pieces out that I needed - but I can happily say that I haven't wasted any fabric. The green diamonds are from a range I bought a while back that goes with a panel and I'll quilt that up next.

I'm absolutely working with fabrics/prints/colours outside my comfort zone, but that's how we grow right?

Next up, here's a block I made up last week but forgot to share:

I really love working on the Morrell quilt, and I'm seriously wishing there were a few more hours in each day to make up the blocks. I haven't made up a block for this week yet, but I'll remedy that tomorrow.

And here is a delightful piece of show and tell:

I had spoken with my quilting ladies about a book I had coveted for a long time as I adored the quilt on the cover. It has been out of print for a long time (it's quite an old fashioned sort of quilt book) and the only ones I'd located were pricey. Well, one of my lovely friends filed this information away and tracked down the book about 18 months ago, and over the Christmas break her daughter brought it over with her from the USA. How lucky am I? I feel so very blessed and thankful for lovely friends <3 <3

That's all I have to share this week, even though it seems like I've had a productive week I don't have a lot to show. Hopefully there will be more next week, so chatter soon!

7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

so nice someone found the book for you. It is amazing at times at how hard it is to find one you are looking for

Alison said...

That looks like a gorgeous book, enjoy every page!

Jeanette said...

Very cute baby quilt. The book looks lovely. So nice of your friend to find the book for you. I'd been chasing a book myself & the prices so high for it. I was lucky to find it on Abe books for a good price & our $$ was also good so the conversion wasn't excessive & a plus was the place didn't charge high postage costs.

Janet said...

I love the owl quilt. That Morell block is very striking. I really like it.
What a wonderful friend to find the book for you. As always, thank you for continuing to post. Happy weekend.

Vicki W said...

That owl quilt is going to be so cute! What a lovely friend to get that book for you too.

loulee said...

The owl prints look like fun to work with.
Lucky you to finally get your hands on a coveted book. Enjoy.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

I think I have a copy of that book!!!! SOMEWHERE, now I am looking for a pattern that I know I did not get rid of - oh well.

I love the Owl quilt! - I get out of my comfort zone some days, but then always back to the traditional!

Have a wonderful week! Looking forward to a week of peace and quiet. Hugs

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails