Friday, February 03, 2023

Babysitting ...

Tonight I'm babysitting, and made the mistake of leaving the completed blocks I want to share in the sewing room. And the portacot with sweet little Mary in slumberland is in the sewing room with them! I don't dare tiptoe in there as she is a light sleeper and will pop up like a jack in the box.

So instead I'll visit with you again tomorrow ... but first I wanted to share a quick snap that I forgot to share last week.

While we were in Noumea, I found the most darling fabric store - Tissus Mercerie Johnston. It was the sweetest little shop, and the man in the store was just so patient while I practiced my French with him. 

I didn't buy a lot, but the pack of fat quarters was sweet, and I'll make a little something for Mary with them. The beads and sequins are the very perfect thing for working on the mmmCrafts ornaments, so I was happy to find them. Believe it or not, it's not easy to find many varieties of sequins here in Adelaide without tracking down dance supplies stores. And the thread snips ... well let me tell you this ... I packed my hand stitching into my hand luggage quickly and without thinking to check the bag. Of course I had some snips in there and had them confiscated at security at Adelaide airport. The lady was very sweet about it of course, and offered to have my old ones held for me until I got home, but they weren't precious so I was fine for them to dispose of them. So when I saw them at the fabric store I had a giggle and brought them home ... in my checked in luggage!

So that's it for me tonight - I'll do some blog reading on my laptop while I wait for Mary to be picked up. I surely don't have any hand stitching with me in the family room ... so I'll chatter with you tomorrow! xox

6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I can never figure out how a tiny pair of scissors will do damage on an airplane - especially if they are a little dull like they normally get but I guess if there is a well there is a way. cute little bundle of supplies you got.

Chris said...

I had a small pair confiscated at the same Adelaide airport when I forgot to check them. The same scissors that cleared security in several other airports around the world. I will have to be diligent next visit. but we are only taking carry on.

Janet O. said...

Isn't it fun to find fabric stores as we travel? And handy that you were able to find the snips to replace your others. You did well to remember to put them in your checked back for the return trip!

kiwikid said...

Great fabric and supplies.

Janet said...

Funny story about snippers. Oh yes, can't wake baby Mary, she will not be sweet baby Mary.

Anonymous said...

Oh how life has changed. See you tomorrow.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails