Friday, February 17, 2023

Gettin' stuff done!

I've been such a busy bee in the sewing room this week! One baby quilt is almost complete, two more to go. I only have the binding to hand stitch down on this one now:

The binding won't take long to stitch down, and then I can get busy on the next one. I've made the top already - I but a border on an owl panel that was living in my stash - so during this week I'll get that quilted and bound too. I was thinking I'd like to try and make a quilt for little Mary's birthday which is in March, so I'll see if I can fit that into the schedule?!?

I also managed to get two more Morrell quilt blocks put together, I am just loving this project!

This applique block needs a little more stitching and trimming, but it won't take long at all.

This pieced block is all finished and ready to go in the quilt top. I did change it up a little - the block in the original quilt had only two fabrics and didn't contain anything as dark as the red that I've used. I don't mind changing things up to make it my own.

Earlier in the week I made macarons again, first of all for Valentines Day, and also to share with my quilting friends. There are only 7 in the picture, but I made 22 in total. Yum!

I did a test while baking this time. One sheet of macarons was baked on a tray with baking paper, and the other on a tray with a silpat. Usually I use baking paper, but no more! The macarons baked on the silpat were so much easier to remove and more evenly baked. I have ordered another silpat, and that's all I'll be using from now on. My macarons are far from perfect, and I'm endlessly striving to get better at them. There is always something new to learn!

That's all I have to share for this week though, this week just flew by, and Friday evening has almost taken me by surprise! So I'll close here with a promise to chatter with you all again really soon! xox

7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the macrons look lovely! I have never made those I make so many other kinds of cookies I don't know why I haven't tried those. I bet you had a lovely Valentines Day

Chris said...

Your Morrell blocks look lovely. I started with that applique block. it is also one of my favorite ones. I just made the other but I used only 2 colours.

Jeanette said...

Cute baby quilt. Love the Morrell blocks. Oh yum macarons, they look delicious.

Janet said...

I know I said it before but owl quilt is so cute. Love your blocks for the Morrell.
Macaroons look very yummy. Enjoy your weekend.

Quilting Babcia said...

I love the sweet owls in your baby quilt! Macaroons are so yummy, you seem to have perfected your recipe, do you have a special pan especially for baking these? They look positively scrumptious!

Kyle said...

Gosh, those macaroons look awesome. You seem to have the knack! It feels good to have a productive week.

Janet O. said...

Fun owl prints in the baby quilt.
Your Morrell blocks are gorgeous.
I don't know where those Macarons can be improved upon. They look amazing to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails