Friday, March 03, 2023

I've checked more things off the list!

Really, I'm super happy that I managed to get the binding finished on the second owl quilt from last week, I haven't shared a picture, as I'll be gifting them this weekend, but I promise to share a picture on Friday next week.

Because I love to add things to my plate, I started another quilt with the same fabric as the one with the crowns from last week - this one with a William Morris background fabric. I think it's super cute! A big thank you to lovely Chris from our Quilters Guild Flinders Kids for permission to use this pattern, much appreciated!


This quilt is needed for next weekend, so I popped the crowns aside and got busy stitching. I was reminded of Loulee's squirrells as I was stitching - my mind flits from one thing to another. Tomorrow I plan to pin this top, and I'll quilt it over the weekend. Fingers crossed I can get it done in time!

I only just had enough of the William Morris fabric for the background - I was able to get all the squares to construct the half square triangles, and I needed an additional four squares to complete the design. There was only enough fabric for two squares, and I had to piece the other two with the skerrick of fabric that I had left:


Can you see all the seams there? That five inch square is made up of six pieces of fabric! Whew, I was so relieved to have enough little pieces. I don't think you'll be able to see all the seams after the top is quilted, and if it stands out a lot, I guess that'll be part of this quilt's charm.

I don't think I have anything else to share at this time, I can't think why I don't have much to show for what seems like a really busy week, but I guess that's how it goes sometimes. I'll check back in with you all next week with more eye candy I'm sure! Chatter soon xoxox

6 comments:

Pam said...

Well done on the piecing

Jeanette said...

You have been busy. The quilt looks lovely.

kiwikid said...

Well done with the piecing, using all the fabric up is the best!! Looking forward to seeing the quilt.

Janet said...

Wow another quick project. Great idea to use the small pieces. Have a great weekend.

Nancy said...

Beautiful block/quilt. I can't wait to see all of it! The fabrics are luscious. It's a good thing you saved those small pieces. I think the seams will disappear in the quilting, too.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Great way to use up all the fabric and so glad you had just enough - the quilting will look fine! Hugs

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails