Friday, January 09, 2015

Blessings and Wonderings

First up with the blessings. We've had a huge amount of rain here over the last couple of days - while the fires have been largely under control, hopefully all this wonderful rain will take care of matters completely. Thank heavens!

Today has been a busy one - up early once again with Camo's tennis clinic - I got some more bits and pieces appliquéd in place before rain halted proceedings:

I have eight of these cuties in place now, and while I'm watching the tennis tonight, I'll get some more prepped. Things are really coming along.

And now for the wonderings ... because it's on my mind, I rummaged thru my stash a little today to see what I have that could possibly suffice as the final border ... this one looks like it could be a contender:

What do you think? It will be interesting to see some more of it unfurled and more of the actual quilt top. The fabric has been in my stash at least ten years - it's called 'Matters of the Heart' by Kaye England, and I think I have about eleventy metres of it (maybe a slight exaggeration) ;-)

I'll think on it for a little while - there's no rush!

In other news, this afternoon after getting the 'deets' from my USA buddies I booked my internal flights for The Big Trip. It's so much fun that as well as going to my favourite quilt show, we'll also be visiting with Elvis at Graceland. Too Exciting!! That means the big flights, the internal flights, our accommodation and car hire is all sorted. Now I just have to be patient! And in fun news, there is a chance I may be spending my first few days in Vegas, how fun is that? I've been there before, but would have loved to spend more time looking around, and now I have the chance. No wonder I can't sleep well at night, there is so much going on!

Alrighty, I'm going to dash and get back to stitching and watching the tennis - just love this time of year!! xox

12 comments:

Lorraine said...

Is this quilt the Mountmellick Mystery quilt by Di Ford? If so, have you used your own fabrics instead of the chosen fabrics in the kit? I love what I see.

Lorraine

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Well, I love this border choice! Can't wait to see what you finally use. It is beautiful.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Which show will you be going to? So glad you all got rain you sure did need it.

Nancy said...

I like the border fabric. I got as far as the last border with all those stars and just stopped.

Nancy said...

Isn't it amazing hope such a small detail can enhance the entire quilt. Well done!

(If Wyoming is on your itinerary while in the States, let me know. I might be close enough to meet you)

YankeeQuilter said...

Love your border choice!

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

Beautiful choice for your border!

Judy Dietrich said...

Yeah for rain---heard the poor koalas need mittens to go over their little bandaged paws. That is something a person does not realize---living in another country. Love your border choice!! Brings out lots of colors.

Missy Shay said...

Have fun here in America! I think that fabric will go great, it picks up all of the pinks.

Céline said...

I love very much, it's perfect ! kiss

AnnieO said...

So pretty! I like the border option--good thing there are eleventy metres of it :). Glad the fires have been getting under control and yay for rain! Having trip plans all taken care of sure adds to the excitement :)

Sue said...

Looking good Tazzie. When are you going to USA and what show are you going to? I am hoping Michelle Marvig is going to Houston this year. If so I'm going!!Could'nt go last year. If not she's going to Japan - might do that instead!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails