Saturday, June 21, 2008

A little more of the Evergreens

Here's where I'm at with the Among the Evergreens top. I just need to sew the final border in place.

It's a little hard for me to believe that I've found some (a precious little) sewing time in the past couple of days, and it's a nice diversion. Tomorrow I'll finish the top off, and then baste a customer's top ready for quilting.

It'll be a bit of a relax-y day tomorrow - I have no commitments other than those that are quilty. Today was basketball for Cam, netball for Amy, and then this afternoon Cam had his 6th birthday party with his school friends. We had a lovely time with 18 5-6 year olds. I wish I'd taken a snap of the party favours I made up for the kids. Cute tumblers filled with sweets, coloured gel pens, and twisty-straws, all wrapped up with cello and curling ribbon. They looked really nice.

And last night (because Friday was his actual birthday) we had the family party at home. Such a nice time, and he certainly received some wonderful gifts. He has a new bigger boys bike, more of his favourite Lego and some new clothes. Such a big two days for the little guy, he's going to sleep soundly tonite ... and so will I :-)

I really appreciate everyone's kind wishes and thoughts after our icky day on Tuesday. We're entirely thankful that we weren't hurt, and also for the good news that the other family taken to hospital will be fine too. Thank you all so much. x o x

6 comments:

Sue said...

That is a lovely looking quilt.

Shelina said...

I'm glad that everyone is fine after the accident, and that the birthday party went well. Happy belated birthday to Cameron! The quilt is looking great.

julieQ said...

Love your Evergreens quilt, so pretty!

Quilter Kathy said...

So glad to read that everyone is okay after your accident.
Pretty amazing to me that you would find it fun to be at a party with 18 5-6 yr. old boys!!! That sounds like a whole lot of noise and stress going on!! My 13 yr. old is going to a 3 day camp and I am looking forward to the peace and quiet :)

Helen in the UK said...

Love the sashing you've used on this quilt. It really seems to compliment the blocks :)

Karen said...

Your Evergreen quilt is very nice. It sure has a lot of pieces in the blocks and you did a really good job on it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails