Sunday, November 06, 2022

Almost made it!

This weekend I worked really hard to get all the applique placed on my Lily Rosenberry quilt ... I almost made it!

My goal was to have the corners in situ, but I didn't quite make it. I'm still super happy with how this top is coming along though, I just need to get busy stitching the top and bottom borders in place, and make up the corner pieces. I have other things I need to work on tonight, but let's see what this week brings.

And yesterday I finished one felt ornament from the Twelve Days series by mmmCrafts. I love these little treasures!

I'd love to get an ornament made each year for little Mary, I didn't make one last year, so I need to catch up. I wonder if I'll make as many handmade gifts after I have more than one grandbaby? Not that there are any on the way, but I'm sure they're on the horizon somewhere.

Tonight I'll finish the machine quilting on a tree skirt for a sweet quilting friend, and if I have spare time I'll start stitching down applique pieces. I have so many things I'd like to achieve before Christmas, it makes me feel a little breathless thinking about it. I just need to relax and take things one step at a time - that's the best way to move forward ...

Anyway, things to do, so I'll leave off here and chatter soon! xox

8 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Lily is such a beautiful quilt! You did such a great job with your fabric selection. Happy stitching!

Chantal said...

Amazing quilt. You did an awesome job with this quilt. You will get to the corners in due time. Bravo! ;^)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love this quilt and love looking at yours as I know I will never make it myself!

Vicki W said...

This quilt is just spectacular!

Rose Marie said...

OMG .... Lily is gorgeous!

Chookyblue...... said...

you've made great progress on lily

Pam said...

The top is looking amazing. I kept up with making things for grandchildren until the triplets arrived. It is a real struggle to make 3 of everything as well as look after them

Nancy said...

I somehow missed this post from earlier. I just wanted to say I love the greens/teals you chose for the border. It seems to me they pull all the colors from the quilt together, including the vases. It's a beautiful quilt.

It looks like you sewed the border onto the center of the quilt and then will applique the pieces. Is that how you usually do it and have you ever had any challenges with that method? Others have suggested that appliqueing the border before attaching it to the quilt is best. I've never done either so just wondering. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails