Friday, October 28, 2022

Helllooo!

Well hello there my friends, it's Friday! I'm not sure where the week went, but here we are. It's been a good one for sure, and I hope you had a good week too.

I've been busy prepping more applique shapes:

Earlier I said that I'd like to have the Lily Rosenberry quilt top finished by the end of the year. But I've upped the ante and declared that I'd like to have it finished by the end of November. I've checked in with my loveliest of lovely friends Lizzy that she'll be able to longarm baste it for me, and now I'm determined that I'll have it done by then. Fingers and toes crossed for a stress free month!

And to spend a little time with Bernie, I decided to catch up on a few of my sadly neglected Moda Blockheads 4 blocks:

Block 27 - Threaded

Bonus block 8 - Sweet Treats (one of the bonus blocks)

Block 21 - Shiny Bauble

For those of you that are familiar with the Blockheads 4 project, you may notice that my block 21 doesn't look like the original. I altered the part of the block where my red fabrics are - my OCD self didn't like the different angles in the original block - I had to redraft mine so that my eyes weren't immediately drawn to that block. It's a thing with me.

And I must have had a few spare moments, because I added some more mmmCrafts wooden heads to my Etsy store:

I genuinely had no clue how popular these heads would be when I started out working on them (and I'm sure I've said it before) but they have been so much fun to work on, and it makes me so happy to help people out with their crafting projects.

After I've hit the post button here, I'm going to try and catch up on a few blogs, I've fallen terribly behind - I'm so sorry for not catching up with my sweet blogging friends - I'll try and do better! So, on that note, thank you for stopping by, and I'll catch up with you all again next week!

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

we all get behind on post or answering comments - it is called Life! it can get in the way can't it :)

Kyle said...

I love a good challenge. I'm rooting for your Lily finish!

Janet said...

Your heads are so cute. It would be hard to decide on which one.
You are set to finish your Lily borders now with on the prep on the applique pieces.
Have a wonderful week.

jude's page said...

You always seem to get so much done, so I am sure you will meet your target. Those heads are really so cute, well done. And life does happen, I am way behind in reading blogs and answering comments.

Chookyblue...... said...

like you I am so far behind in posts........time flies to fast....
more Lily prep.......
the blockheads blocks are pretty.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails