Friday, October 21, 2022

Hmmmm ... what to share?

Obviously it's Friday, my scheduled posting day ... and to be honest I really don't have anything new to share with you all. I've had a busy week, but not really in a quilty sense. I've organised for our shower screens in both bathrooms to be replaced here at home, I've chosen and organised for installation of new carpets in our lounge and dining room, and other various things along those lines ... but none of that makes for interesting photographs.

So, instead I'll just share my little Halloween setup on my dining table:

I've never decorated for Halloween before, it's still a fairly new thing here, and we rarely get any trick or treaters, but should it happen this year, I'll be ready! If you haven't seen the little table topper before, the pattern is in my Etsy store.

And for a little something else to look at, I've taken a couple of snaps of Lily Rosenberry blocks so you can see the variety of fabrics they have going on:





Using lots of different scraps of fabric in my quilts is a favourite thing I like to do, I guess most of my projects end up being controlled scrappy.

It thrills me that I was able to finally find some more of the wide script fabric so that I can use it on the back of my quilt too. The store I located wasn't able to ship internationally, but I was able to send it to my beautiful friend Donna in the USA and she has redirected to me here. I appreciate it so much, thank you Donna! Aren't quilting friends the best?

Well, I'm going to sign off here, I'd like to try and get some more applique done tonight - it's still my plan to try and have the Lily Rosenberry top completed by the end of the year. Let's see if I can still make that happen? Chatter soon! xox

8 comments:

Julierose said...

What gorgeous blocks--love your controlled scrappy choices of fabrics...beautiful works hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I'm glad your friend was able to redirect the package of wide fabric to you. I know prices of shipping has probably made it hard for some places to decide if they will ship across the seas. I didn't realize they don't trick or treat over there - I tend to forget that a lot of countries do not celebrate Halloween in a playful way

Elsie Montgomery said...

I love those blocks too! Scrappy is so interesting! I live in Canada and most USA stores will ship here, but the shipping cost is often more than the fabric, even much more. With the $ difference, the cost is too high. However, sometimes it is necessary to bite the bullet to get that special fabric. My daughter lives in the US so she receives my orders that won't ship here, usually books! So much for free-trade agreements. Glad you are able to get what you needed (and that fabric is so cool!)

gladiquilts said...

Your LR blocks are absolutely beautiful! I love how you’ve used different fabrics in each block, while still keeping similar colors and values. That makes them more interesting and fun to look at. Beautiful craftsmanship re your appliqué stitching too.

cityquilter grace said...

i can always look at superb applique like your blocks....so beautiful!

Nancy said...

How fun to see close-ups of your blocks and the variety of fabrics you used. I always think scrappy makes things more interesting. Thanks for sharing.
How great you found wide fabric for the back. Lovely for you that your friend will ship it, too.

loulee said...

Those berries look good enough to eat.

Janet said...

Every time I see the blocks I fall in love more with the quilt top. Gorgeous. I think that is a fantastic choice for the backing. Glad a quilter in the US helped you out. People laugh at me when I buy a bolt of fabric but great for something like this.
Your Halloween decorations are great. Spiders seem to be the hit this year. The table topper just makes it pop.
Enjoy your weekend.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails