Friday, October 14, 2022

Happy Friday!

It really is a happy Friday! I'm so pleased with what I was able to achieve this week, it feels like I should give myself a pat on the back!

The little Winnie the Pooh quilt from the Churn Dash sew-along is complete but for the binding being stitched down on the reverse side:


The binding definitely won't take long to stitch down as the whole quilt only measures 40in square, so I'll probably make a start on that once I'm off the laptop. A movie and a mug of coffee and I'll settle in for some stitching :-)

Next on the list was to get the Lily Rosenberry border fabric stitched in place:


I'm happy with how much of that is completed too. The applique shapes in the top border are yet to be stitched down, but they're positioned, and that makes me happy. I have many of the shapes prepped for the side borders too, but I need to trace the placement lines on to the top with washout marker before I can start glueing them in place. It feels like the finish line for this top is in sight!

There is one shape in the main body of the quilt that I'm going to change though:


That green leaf is just too bright for my liking, so I'm going to take it off and replace it with another that fits in better with the colour scheme. I had entertained leaving it for now and then later on shading it with a fabric marker to tone it down, but I've changed my mind on that front. It won't be a big job, but I was looking for lazy solutions. Why on earth would I do that when I have put so much work into this quilt so far?

Last of all (and actually the first thing I tackled on the list) was that I managed to complete the Dresden Christmas Tree Skirt and listed it in my Etsy Store:


I'm looking forward to getting closer to Christmas so I can take pictures of my new tree skirts under the tree. I don't think I have the energy to take the tree down and decorate it for a short visit, but it's only about four weeks until the Christmas Pageant here, and that is my signal to start decorating for the season. Christmas decorations are already front and centre in stores, and I'm being tempted by new Nutcrackers all over the place!

And just a quick public service announcement for any of my readers that are on Instagram, I'm slowly getting the hang of things over there and have posted a video or two as I'm inspired, so do head on over if you're interested. I have no plans to drop my personal commitment to blogging each Friday - but as I said, if you're interested, it's there.

Tennis and quilting resumes this coming week, so I may have a little less free time going forward, but I hope to be able to keep the quilting momentum up! Chatter soon lovely friends! xox

13 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

The pooh quilt is very cute but Lily is absolutely beautiful! I agree about that leaf, I looked at the picture of the whole center and it does jump out and slap you in the face. Easy solutions are great but I'm always glad when I take the time to not do easy. Happy stitching!

Denice Barker said...

Lucky you to have your churn dash done! It will be a miracle if mine is finished in time. And your Lily is gorgeous! Personally, I'd leave that bright green leaf in just because it says something (other than oops!), it tells you it's own story, but if it doesn't make you happy you have to take it out. What a beauty that quilt is!!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I totally get it about the leaf - it is only one leaf you can carefully take it out and put in another and you will be happier with it in the end.
I have not totally gotten instagram but like to post photos there to but will not give up the blog

loulee said...

Your Pooh Bear churn dash quilt looks great. It was fun to sew along.
Yes, that one leaf is rather bright. Better to swap it than try colouring it.

Jeanette said...

The churn dash is so cute. LR is stunning, yes i'd swap the leaf rather than colouring it.

Nancy said...

Your Winnie the Pooh churn dash quilt is delightful. You used colors that I would not have thought to put together but they work beautifully.
And your Lily Rosenberry quilt is gorgeous. I am in awe. I did not notice the bright green leaf until you pointed it out. I think you are wise to change it, especially because you don't like it.

Janet O. said...

What a sweet little Pooh quilt! Good job getting that completed before the SAL deadline. I probably won't even have the top assembled in time.
I am in such awe of your work with the Lily Rosenberry quilt. Absolutely breathtaking to me!
The tree skirt is very pretty. Love the scalloped edge!

Kyle said...

Lily Rosenberry gets better and better. It's funny, once you pointed out that leaf, I could see it immediately in the photo. The swap will be easy.

Kyle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janet said...

WOW, again you got a lot done. amazing. Winnie the Pooh is fantastic, the colors just blend so perfectly.

Lily is beyond beautiful. The swags and berries are the perfect borders. You could leave the leaf in "just because" but I agree with you, it draws the eye too much and distracting.

Enjoy your week.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

What a cute churn dash quilt! And your Lily is breathtaking! And such a cute tree skirt too. Lovely quilting, Tazzie. It seemed this year the Christmas stuff has come out with the Halloween.

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Oh my yes, what accomplishments indeed! Love the Churn Dash quilt! I am so far behind on blog reading that it is pathetic. Your Lily Rosenberry progress is so impressive. I have to agree about that leaf replacement, although I have to admit, I didn't notice it until I went back to the overall photo and it did stand out. I hope I can get caught up with everyone soon. Have fun with your upcoming Christmas pageant!

Chookyblue...... said...

I'm sure you have finished the Churn Dash quilt now.......winnie the pooh is always a winner.........
Lily is stunning.........I went to the quilt to find the green leaf and I am with you........changing will be better.....goodluck with the borders........

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails