Friday, August 06, 2021

Yellow is such a joyful colour!

A couple of weeks ago I quilted a really happy scrap project for one of the lovely ladies that comes to quilting. I don't quilt much for others anymore, only relatively small projects for close friends. I didn't remember to take a picture at the time, but grabbed a couple of happy snaps when it came out for show and tell yesterday:


Isn't that yellow such a happy colour, and looking at all the different scrap fabrics kept me interested the whole time. I would love to make up this quilt myself someday. I'll add it to my ever growing list!


The moment I saw the plain yellow fabric, I knew I was going to put feathers in there. There was no debating it :-)

It's funny that I was so decisive with that project, because progress on Mary's cot quilt has stalled completely:


I have no inspiration whatsoever about how to quilt that plain white border. I've put stitches in there and pulled them out. I've also drawn quilting designs three times and spritzed them away. Ugh, hopefully I'll have a lightbulb moment soon.

I'm currently machine quilting on the second tangled hearts block I finished appliqueing:


My machine is behaving itself, and if I'm lucky I'll get it finished tonight. Tomorrow I can bury the threads and bind it.

I do have some chores to do tomorrow though, we're getting ready to do a kitchen 'refresh' and I'm organising new benchtops, tiles and handles for the cabinets. I've been tile shopping today, and it's so overwhelming. I'll check out some other stores, and see what feels right. There's nothing to show at the moment, but I promise I'll share photos when I can!

Thank you for all the lovely comments you've been leaving, it's super fun to read them. Hope you all have a great weekend, I'll chatter soon! xox

6 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That yellow sure does make that whole quilt pop!! and your quilting is divine!!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

I wholeheartedly agree, you cannot go wrong with yellow. I admit it is my favorite color and I use it probably way too often. Mary's quilt is beautiful so far and I am sure you will come up with the perfect pattern for the white.

Kyle said...

Yellow is a fabulous color, but can be a little challenging to use. Mary did a great job with the design and your quilting was perfect.

Janet said...

Wow, the yellow with your quilting is amazing. Yes, yellow is a happy color. You will come up with something spectacular for Mary's quilt. You are probably overthinking.
I love the the circle design you are quilting on the hearts. Is there a name for that design or a stencil?
Enjoy your weekend.

Maxine S said...

I see rows of lovely fat hearts in that white row - she’d be surrounded with love for sure!

Carol in Texas said...

I love yellow. The walls of our house are all yellow with white woodwork. Most are soft yellows, but it is always cheery, always sunny in mood. That scrap quilt is delightful. The yellow was the perfect color to set off the scraps. Your quilting on the ‘quilt of indecision’ is just lovely.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails