Friday, August 27, 2021

I love a finish!

This week I finished hand quilting Mary's quilt, and I'm super happy with it!

It's so very soft and snuggly, and I hope it will be a treasure to my sweet grandbaby. Right now it's in the wash, I'm rinsing away the last of the blue marking lines. 

Last week I showed you the feedsack print I was thinking of using for the binding - I certainly did make use of it, and I think it looks quite pretty. My feedsacks are precious to me, and I could never seem to cut into them, but I figured if a quilt for a granddaughter wasn't a good enough reason to start using them, there never would be a better one.

So today I got back to some things I started earlier in the year and then put aside. I often have people contact me via my Etsy store to see if my tree skirt pattern comes in different sizes - so I'm making some smaller and some larger and getting ready to work on the patterns. Here is the one I started today:



This one finishes at 21" from point to point, and next I'll make a smaller one. These are destined to be table toppers, but could easily be tree skirts for little trees too. I'll bind this topper with a stripe fabric from the green and blue fabric collection. It's from deep stash - Hooty Hoot and the Kangaroo. I have a bunch of it, so it's nice to have it out of the fabric closet for a bit :-)

Last of all, I just got some super backing fabric, it's for an upcoming project:


Kaffe Fassett's Millefiore pattern - isn't it just lovely? Not sure when I'll get to the project it's destined for, but it's on the list. After all ... you just can't rush art!

Well, that's it from me for now - I'll chatter really soon! xox

4 comments:

Jean McGee said...

Mary's quilt is beautiful and will be a family heirloom for sure.your machine quilting is lovely as well Tara, gorgeous little quilt . We finish one project and there's always another waiting!
Take care and keep warm 😍

Pam said...

Beautiful quilt

Janet said...

Oh wow, Mary's quilt is gorgeous, an heirloom for sure. Your quilting is perfect.
Love the tree skirt, amazing what you did with the fabrics. As always thank you for taking me on your journey.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Mary's quit is so pretty - and of course the quilting is something else! Hugs

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails