Friday, August 20, 2021

Getting close!

This week I've been driving myself crazy checking out benchtop samples/visiting tile stores/checking in with our cabinetmaker trying to make decisions about what I'd like to do in my kitchen. It's actually really hard for me to make these relatively permanent decisions - but I'm slowly getting there. I won't bore you with photos yet, but I promise I'll share when I have something interesting.

What this has meant however, is that I didn't allow myself much quilting time, but I'm getting close to a finish on the hand quilting. I feel sure I'll have it done by Friday next week.

I think I have about one third of the final pieced border to go. Yay!

This afternoon I did some rummaging in my feedsack collection, and this is the piece that I'm considering using for the binding:

I'll have to be careful cutting the strips, this piece has quite a few stains and tears. But the stripe is so pretty and I just love plaids and stripes for bindings. 

The feedsacks have such a lovely soft texture and they're just delightful to work with. My collection is very small, so it's my plan to buy more when I'm able to travel to the USA again sometime.

Well, that's all I have to report for this week, hopefully I'll have a much more newsy and interesting post next week. Thank you for stopping by! xox

4 comments:

Janet said...

Everybody I talk to that is remodeling there kitchen, bathroom (due to freeze in Feb.) is getting their ideas from Pinterest. Which I am sure you are doing, whatever you come up will be spectacular. Can't wait to see. I love the feed sack fabric. Are you afraid to cut into like I am, always?
Happy stitching.

Gretchen Weaver said...

This little quilt is so cute! Good luck with the remodeling, happy stitching!

Jean McGee said...

Mary's quilt is looking beautiful Tara, so many decisions with a kitchen design but it will look lovely when it's finished and you can get back to quilting! 😍😍

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Beautiful quilting! Have fun with the remodeling - exciting! Hugs

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails