Friday, September 03, 2021

A Quilting Ninny ...

This week in the Ladies Lounge, I would define myself as a quilting ninny! I flitted from project to project and enjoyed all of them equally! It's so much fun when there are no looming quilting deadlines!

I made a quilted mat for one of our lovely friends using some of the waste triangles created when I made the table runners a few weeks ago. It came out really cute too.



Whoops, I've given you a couple of blurry pictures there - that will teach me to try and take pictures with my Ipad haha! Anyway, I wanted to share the quilting as it looked from the back, I was really happy with it and will definitely use that design again.

Because of my finish in the quilting hoop last week, I put the wholecloth back in place and got some hand quilting done in quiet moments:


This wholecloth is definitely not going to be finished anytime soon, but it's so nice to know at least I'm inching toward the finish line. I had always thought this would be a quilt I'd make for Amy's wedding, but I realised a few years ago that it wasn't really something that worked with her decorating plans, and it would be hard for her to look after, so instead ultimately it'll go on my bed. I know there are many other quilts that will work so much better for her, and not be so time consuming to make.

I also finished the small tree skirt/table topper I shared last week, and this weekend I'll get busy writing the pattern.


A couple of my quilting ladies are keen for the pattern, so it'll be fun to see others putting it together too. I'll love to see the different fabric combinations they come up with.

And last of all for today, I prepped my sixth applique block for the Lily Rosenberry quilt:


Quite a number of the green fabrics I used were from the lovely collection gifted to me by Pam Holland not so long ago. The dark green three leaf piece in the lower center was from one of the Smithsonian collections from the late 90's. I adored those fabrics and collected as many of them as I could at the time. They're like gold dust now!

Tonight I'm going to put a few more stitches in the wholecloth quilt and relax my way into the weekend. What do you all have planned? Chatter soon!

5 comments:

Wendy Caton Reed said...

My 96 year old quilting friend used to call that the "creative flea" syndrome. I often find myself flitting from one thing to another. Just have fun!

Janet said...

Wow, you are getting so much accomplished. All the projects are beautiful. Your hand quilting is amazing. I really like your machine quilt designs. What machine do you use for your machine quilting?
It is Labor Day weekend here. I'm invited to a BBQ but can't decide if I want to go or just enjoy being home for 3 days.
Enjoy your weekend.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Hand quilting is of course beautiful! You have now tempted me to purchase Sue's pattern, but I have so many of hers, I had better check and see if I have this one. It will be a beauty! Have a great week-end. Retirement is beginning to be fun again! YEA! Hugs

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Tazzie - what size are the blocks for Lily Rosenberry quilt and how large is the quilt? Considering buying it. Hugs

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Well, I found one answer, still wanted to know the block sizes. I went back and ordered it! Shame on you for showcasing it Tazzie. But I love applique and complex quilts too! Hugs

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails