Saturday, March 30, 2013

And another one ...

I managed to get the second mat made to give to my Mum tomorrow on Easter Sunday. I started it last night, and quilted and bound it today.


This time I made up the backing from some of the leftover strips from the scrap bag. It's quite cute really - and sort of makes the mat reversible.


I kind of wish I'd backed the other mat the same way - I think it would have about finished the scrap bag off. I think I have enough left over for a third mat later on.

Now I'm heading back to finish off the hexagon appliqué before I head to bed - I've only got about an 18 inch section left to do. It's taken a little longer than I expected, but I'm almost there! Yay!

2 comments:

quiltygal said...

Still love the mat you gave me :) Have a great female Easter xx

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Excellent job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails