Friday, May 21, 2010

Four Nearly Insane Rows

Even though I have other things to work on (and I have been dabbling with my Turning 4-T blocks), I still find myself absolutely drawn to my Nearly Insane quilt top.

I've now made 49 of the blocks, which is half of them - yay!! And I've added the fourth row. I will need to make up the triangles for the top and bottom of the row before I can add any more rows - and also make up any of the blocks I haven't gotten to yet.

While I've been making up the blocks I've been really careful not to replicate fabrics from block to block numerically, but I'm finding because the quilt is constructed in diagonal rows, the blocks next to each other can be 8 blocks apart in the book. This has meant I've actually altered two of the blocks in row four to ensure that two fabrics (when they stand out a lot) aren't used together. I think from now on, I'm going to make up blocks row by row, and that way I'll be able to control fabric placement so much better.

This weekend I'll be working on some quilting, and I'm going to get busy on other projects that really need my attention. I'll try and resist playing with this quilt some more ... but I bet I'll be drawn back in!

15 comments:

Diane said...

How big are the blocks in the Nearly Insane quilt? I LOVE this quilt! I have admired yours and several others who are making it but have never jumped in to join. Now I am seriously thinking about it.
BEAUTIFUL!

Brandie said...

Your NI blocks are looking amazing! I love how it looks.

sewprimitive karen said...

Those are absolutely amazing. I can't imagine starting in on those now, but would love to someday.

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

Your nearly insane quilt is looking great. I love your fabric choices. My son and his wife gave me the book for Mother's Day. I can't wait to start!

Elsie Montgomery said...

This is so pretty. You are doing a great job!

julieQ said...

Tazzie, your progress is amazing! I love those blocks!

Anonymous said...

You get so many quilts done every year. How do you do it? I am a sloooooow quilter. Since I am a regular reader of your blog, I just became a follower.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

It looks wonderful. I can see why it keeps drawing you in.

Gypsy Quilter said...

A true work of art/heart!

Bonnie K. Hunter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bonnie K. Hunter said...

LOL...I left my last comment for my friend Lori who is also working on this! And it isn't hers....or mine...it's yours! :cD Love it, btw!!

I need to get mine out of the box!

Bonnie

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh I just love, love, love it so far!

YankeeQuilter said...

I have about a dozen of the insane blocks done...it is a great quilt! Love how yours is coming along!

Linda said...

Very-very lovely blocks!

KaHolly said...

I am so very impressed with this quilt. It is absolutely gorgeous. There is a lot of hard work there. The colors are perfect. ~karen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails