Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to you all! I know that 2010 is going to be entirely wonderful - power of positive thought right?

Today I will go into the sewing room and get some piecing done. And a little organising too. After all, it is said that what you do on New Years Day you will do for the rest of the year. I have the power to create my future :-)

And though I don't usually make resolutions for the coming year (probably because my resolve is often lost by, say ... February), I'd like to try this year to be a little more organised at home. I plan to pare down my clothes - I have way more than I need. And I'd like to also pare down in the kitchen. I have so many things I don't really use, and not enough space to store it all. So - I'll take on both those tasks with baby-steps. Ohhh ... and work on some 'body-clutter' too, but that will be ongoing forever ... and ever ... and ever ... ad-infinitum.

I hope you spend your New Years Day doing what you love ... and continue to do so for the whole year.

3 comments:

onlymehere said...

Oh no, I'm working overtime today and I don't want to spend my whole year doing that, lol! Happy New Year to you too. I sure enjoy your blog. I plan to be sewing after work today though so maybe I can do some of that in the new year too, lol! Cindy

Litamora's Quilt & Design said...

I wish you a Happy New Year, and hope you will enjoy some time in your sewing room. I hope to get a bit more oranized this year too! Both in the sewing room, and in my house. I'm looking forward to finish the quilts for my kids, and some projects to decorate our home with. Make it even more cozy :o)
Have fun, and enjoy the looong weekend :o)
Laila

quiltmom anna said...

Hi Tazzie,
I can relate to dejunking the clutter- I need to do my closet again soon- somehow it gets full of stuff again. We did a serious dejunking this past fall in our basement- while it is not perfectly tidy- it is much improved from where we started- You can actually see the floor in various places of the space.
Wishing you and yours a very happy healthy 2010.
Warmest regards,

Anna

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails