Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Still Scrapping ... (in the best possible way, of course!)

As well as my new obsession (the Nearly Insane blocks), I'm still plugging away at the scrap quilt. Two rows are together. I've made a great many of the sashing strips, and I've also made the additional three blocks I needed.

My original plan was to set 13 blocks on point with large floral setting triangles, but obviously that's not the direction I've ended up taking. I now have 16 blocks total.

In the last post I mentioned that I'm low on the main navy fabric. I won't have enough to surround all the blocks, so I will use the substitute navy fabric to surround four of the blocks and they'll be placed one in each corner of the quilt. Satisfies two of my favourite things - still has scrappiness, and still has symmetry.

If I'm really good, I may have the top finished this week. I do need to get back to some customer quilting though, so my piecing will slow down a little. The kids are back at school week after next, but I'm back at work for two days next week. I simply cannot believe how fast these past 5-6 weeks have gone!

11 comments:

Gypsy Quilter said...

It's mahhhvelous, simply T-rific.

Kristie said...

This quilt is looking amazing! I LOVE it! As soon as I can get some of these customer quilts finished I will be working on my NI blocks.
KRistie

Ruth's Place said...

It looks great!

Jenni said...

It's coming together well Tazzie. I have to agree that the last 4 weeks have flown by as I've been on holidays from work. You wonder where the time goes don't you? My sister is telling me she is ready for her kids to go back to school!

Helen McNaught @ AuntyHennys said...

I love your scrap quilt!

Yes, where have these holidays gone??? How come we have so many plans for "start this" and "finish that" and at the end of it all, we've only done a smidgen of what we had planned????

Still, as the saying goes "a change is as good as a holiday" and not having the school drop off pick up and lunch box to pack is certainly a good holiday for me!! But, bring on next week.... I've got the lunch box ready!!!

Happy Sewing!

Clare said...

Time goes rally fast when you're having fun!

Great quilt.

Hugs

Connie said...

your quilt top is coming together very pretty, and time goes by fast, I like scrapy quilts. I do like getting comment to and enjoy following blogs also.

Sharon T in Napa said...

it's so fun to see what fellow scrap lovers are doing!! That looks like it is going to be a HUGE quilt!!! I hope you stop by and see my blog. I've been posting a photo a day this year of my quilts and there's lots of scrappy there.
Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love this quilt! You have chosen gorgeous colours and I love the 'squareness' of it. It'd make a great project for a mag.

Liz S. said...

Love this quilt, Tazzie. Can't wait to see you in a few months. I won't be going to Paducah, but I'm sure we'll hook up in CA.

*karendianne. said...

Friend, gosh I completely dig the way this is coming together. It's fun to share this one, too. Your title says it all. This quilt really is all about it! Scrappin' Love, *karendianne. (points for stoppin'!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails