Friday, March 07, 2008

Applique Underway

Today I was able to get a little of the applique done for the new quilt. If I'm a very good girl, I might get the second block finished tonight too.

The flowers aren't terribly complex, it's my plan to really jazz them up when it comes to quilting time. I love using rayon threads and adding lovely dimension and texture with them.

Tomorrow I'd really like to start working on the pieced blocks too, and then I'll be able to see if the quilt I have running around in my head will translate well to fabric.

I'm really far behind on my blog reading and I'm trying to catch up - so my commenting has been a little scarce. Don't give up on me though, this busy-ness will not be forever! x o x

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh, that is looking pretty...

I think it may just make my "must do" list!!

Rose Johnston said...

Ohhhh exciting!!! I love to watch your designs come to life!!!
Hugs xxx

Anonymous said...

It looks lovely so far.

Pam said...

You amaze me! How you find time to do what you do with 2 children still at home just amazes me...wow

can't wait to see what the pieced blocks will add to these beautiful flowers.

Pam@
www.pamgwillim.com

Jeanne said...

The flowers are beautiful! I'm anxious to see what you do to jazz them up, as you say. *S* Your work is always perfection. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

The flowers are stunning! Wonderful, etc. Can't wait to see what you do to them to 'jazz' them up!

Teodo said...

Simply fantastic.
ciao ciao

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails