Sunday, July 21, 2024

Such a great week!

I had such a great week this past week, checking things of the list I made here and there. I've taken several new photos for Etsy listings, and using Canva to edit/make them interesting. 

I've still quite a few to do, and now that I've decided on how I'll present them I can do it at leisure. 

I also started to work in the pantry - this is a job that I always dread, and I pretty much find any excuse not to do it. My pantry is a floor to ceiling cupboard in the kitchen, and it's the same depth as all the other cupboards in there. IMHO it's too deep, and things get lost in the back. I'm forever watching organisational videos and instagram stories and just not coming up with good ideas that will work with what I have. I'll keep trying. 

I've now made up eight of the star decorations, I'll keep going on those too, but I'm going to make a Colly bird next for a little variety and to keep it interesting.

In stolen moments I've hand quilted a little too. On Insta I was asked to show a photo of my setup, and I was happy to oblige:

This is a cosy corner of my sewing room where I can just come and pop a few stitches in here and there when I feel like it.

What you can't see in this picture is that Rowley wanted to get in on the action:

He's such a sweet boy and always wants to be exactly right where we are.

Yesterday I started working on an Autumn/fall inspired Dresden Table Topper for one of my lovely friends birthdays. I've pinned it this afternoon and I'll start quilting it once I'm done here.

For this table topper, I'm actually using my Dresden Tree Skirt pattern, and instead of cutting away the centre opening I've appliqued a circle in place. I was thinking it looks a little bit drab, so tomorrow I'll get some pretty ric-rac to stitch over the seams and jazz it up.

I didn't get the pattern for the recent table runner written up just yet. I'll make another one or two up so I can take some in progress pictures for the pattern and I haven't decided which fabric I'd like to use. I'll get there!

So that has been my week, how has yours been going? xox

1 comment:

Janet said...

Again you got a lot done. The table topper is very pretty, lovely fabrics.
So, did you make any head ways in the pantry?
Rowley is beautiful. Does he shed a lot? I know my Sheltie did.
I can't wait to see Lily finished. I am going on memory and maybe wrong, is you hoop and stand a hand-me-down from your grandmother or someone or am I wrong on that?
Thank you for sharing and yes, send a pic of your organized pantry. Have wonderful week.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails