Sunday, July 14, 2024

Inspiration sought ...

Well, maybe inspiration isn't quite the right word. Have you ever had a week where you just haven't felt like sewing very much? That's what this week has been like - but it's possibly because I've been staying up very late watching the finals at Wimbledon. 

I've been putting my viewing time to good use and doing some hand stitching, making up some more of the LodeStar ornaments:

These are such fun to make, and I love all the bling. Later on in the year I'll make some more up in different colourways. Fun!

I did also put a few hand quilting stitches in Lily Rosenberry, it's easy for time to disappear working by hand ...

And this next picture is a secret squirrell project I've worked on, some dear friends are anticipating a new grandbaby soon, and this is for them to gift to him:

This panel is Noah and Friends by Dear Stella - I did the piecing down the sides and appliqued the name. And I've quilted it using my somewhat new favourite wibbly lines. Gosh, I probably should have waited until after Tuesday (when it's being gifted) to share it, but I'm 98.7% sure they don't read here?!?

So I guess on balance I have got a bit of sewing done this week, it just doesn't seem like it though.

And the last picture of the day, when I took Rowley for a walk this afternoon, we saw a couple of kangaroos just down the hill a little. I took a picture from a distance as I wasn't sure if they'd bounce away as we got closer ... can you just see them there?

We're so lucky to have lovely walking trails just at the end of our street. Until we got a dog, I really never went there at all and didn't realise how nice they are.

Anyway, that's it for me this week - hopefully I'll have a bit more to share next week, and I'll have checked a few things off the list of projects to be done in the holidays. Chatter soon! xox

6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I guess you automatically find trails when you need to walk a dog

Janet said...

What a lovely view. I think Rowley will be getting plenty of walks in that direction. Gorgeous.
I love the stars, can't wait to see the colors you come up with in the future.
What an absolutely lovely quilt. They are going to love it.
You got a lot of interesting things done this week. Thank you for sharing.

Pam said...

The baby quilt is just so beautiful, you are very gifted

dq said...

The hill you walked is just si pretty! I would not have known those were roos, though. Too far to see for sure without zooming in.
It looks to me you did quite a bit. The Noah quilt will be so loved.
Deana at dreamworthyquilts.blogspot.com

loulee said...

Well you have been busy. I love the Noah panel.

Sandra said...

I don't quilt, but I certainly appreciate them - the Noah's Ark quilt is stunning. I wish I was in your circle of friends.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails