Friday, April 19, 2024

Fabric luck!

This week I have absolutely been counting my blessings, and those of you that follow me on Instagram will already know why. After seeing a darling fabric on the internets that would make the perfect addition to my Morrell quilt, it was devastating to learn that this fabric I coveted was several years old, and wildly popular when it was released. So tracking some down was going to prove difficult. After several days of sporadic google searching, I found a source, and I'm thrilled to say it arrived in my hot little hands this past week:

This is Regency Zarafa by Christopher Wilson Tate, and I found my piece at Chitter Chatter Fabrics in Canada. I'm sorry to tell you that I purchased the last of their yardage, but they may still have some fat quarters if you feel it's something you must have too. I can absolutely see this incorporated into some of the broderie perse blocks.

I've had some other deliveries this week too, but I've been slow to wield the camera, so I'll get back to you with those. Also stitching time has been very limited as I've been painting so many bead heads to send out. Thank you so much to all the sweet folks for trusting me with their crafty needs.

Tomorrow is my nephew's first birthday party and also his christening, and my sweet brother asked me if I could make a cake. Of course! Forgive this hasty picture, as it was an in progress shot, and the cake is boxed up now so I can't take a better one:

I battled with the buttercream icing as it was cold today, hopefully it will still taste good!

Next week I have much fewer commitments, so I'll take some extra photos for you, and also share what I'm able to work on in the sewing room. Chatter soon! xox

6 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

it is lovely fabric...i have 2 yards and fondle it often waiting for the right project...lucky gal you

dq said...

Wow, woman of many talents. Enjoy the christening and that lovely cake when you serve it.

Pam said...

That is a really beautiful cake. Congratulations on the fabric find.

Elsie Montgomery said...

Lovely cake, amazing lovely fabric, looking forward to what you do with it. And thank you... my painted heads arrived yesterday. When the email came I was quick to go out as last week someone broke into our corner mailboxes and took whatever they wanted. Yikes. This has happened 2x in a few months and our neighborhood is supposed to be the safest in this city. Glad they arrived and are now in a very safe place.
Happy quilting!

loulee said...

Cute fabric and oh, what a wonderful cake.

Janet said...

Wow on the fabric find. I did not have luck when I searched for it. I guess I wasn't diligent enough. Beautiful.
The cake looks great and I have delicious. I bet there will not be a crumb left.
Enjoy the Christening.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails