Friday, December 02, 2022

Tree's up!

Thank you everyone for the lovely comments about our little room reno, you're all so sweet! Because that was all finished up, on Sunday I was able to finally put our Christmas tree up. Now I really feel like we're heading into the festive season.

In years past the tree has always been in the bay window, it's so nice to have it in a different place for a change. I love how it looks!

This is the new tree skirt I made this year. I had wanted to put one together for the longest time, but other things always got in the way. If you like it, I made a pattern for my Etsy store, it's selling really well, it's nice to have some options for people.

In stolen moments I've also been working on another tree skirt, this one is even easier if that's possible!

My sweet friend Bridget has helped me out a little with the binding too, when she ran out of things to do at quilting she put a few stitches in. Every little bit is appreciated, I love my quilting ladies <3 <3

And in exciting news, another of my wonderful quilting friends - Lizzy - finished basting the Lily Rosenberry quilt for me, so whenever I'm ready I can start hand quilting! I cannot wait!

So that has been my week. It seems like it has been a busy one, and it has just flown, but slowly life is queting down here, and I'm looking forward to having time to myself this weekend to catch up with you all. Big love and hugs, and chatter soon!

7 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

oooh lovely tree AND skirt....and whoa! bring on the hand quilting!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

beautiful decorations and so nice for you to have the quilt basted and ready to work on.

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Oh your tree is always so lovely and this year is even more special in its new place. Just gorgeous! I am so excited for you to begin the quilting on that spectacular Lily Rosenburg quilt. It is so delicious. I'm hoping to get caught up with fellow bloggers and get back into the swing!

Anonymous said...

Lovely to see the tree up Tara, the changes you’ve made are great. I know when you get the quilt back from Lizzie it hand quilting will take all your time. Love the tree skirts. 😍😍🌲🌲

Anonymous said...

Jean Mcgee

Kyle said...

I always enjoy seeing the different personalities of Christmas trees. Congratulations of getting your quilt basted and now the fun part begins.

kiwikid said...

Your tree looks stunning, enjoy your hand quilting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails