Friday, August 26, 2022

One photo!

I had promised to check in at the end of the weekend, or early in the week, but life absolutely got in the way. So, this week I have only one photo to share with you! I'm still obsessed with working on the Lily Rosenberry project, and because there have been times when I wasn't into it at all, I'm just going along with it! Who knows how a brain works, and why fight it?

It's hard to get a nice picture indoors at night - my photography skills aren't great, and it would seem my arms dont quite have the reach to take a good square photo on the floor. What I wouldn't do to have a fabulous big design wall!

The blocks aren't quuuiiite finished - the two blocks bottom right are glued down and ready, but the applique shapes aren't stitched in place yet. And in the second row, the second from left is the one I'm almost finished stitching, but it hasn't been trimmed yet. A big finish on the centre of the quilt is imminent, and then the next step is the border!

Some sweet readers asked about my applique technique - I am a fairly recently converted 'glue baste' appliquer. I would gladly describe in detail and do a tutorial for you - but our lovely friend and fellow blogger Teresa from Fabric Therapy has written and photographed the most amazing tutorial, so instead I'll bow to the master, and encourage you to visit her tutorial. Thank you so much for being interested in my technique, I first learned needle turn applique and absolutely loved it, but when I learned glue baste, it opened up a whole new world to me. The accuracy and scope of pieces that you can applique are endless!

It is my great hope that this weekend I'll get some churn dash blocks made toward the sew along *fingers crossed*, but I can't imagine I'm going to get a mini quilt made this month. I hate dropping the ball like that, but maybe I'll make an extra next month if I can get the applique out of my mind for a few minutes?

Thank you so much for the comments on the last post - I've been a bit of a slacker responding to emails, so I'll get on to that now. Chatter soon friends! xoxox

11 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

beautiful work!

Cathy said...

Every time I think I couldn't love this quilt more you post a photo and I am more in love with it. Hugs

Nancy said...

Wow! Just wow!! Seeing these blocks all together really creates an impact. A lot of applique but you'll have a gorgeous quilt when you're finished! I admire your stamina to just keep stitching.

gladiquilts said...

It’s beautiful! A masterpiece in the making! I, too, started out as a needleturn appliquer, but switched about 3 years ago to almost exclusively turned/prepared edge technique and love it.❤️

loulee said...

Amazing.

Elsie Montgomery said...

This is exceptional! Thank you for sharing it. You motivate me too!!

Pam said...

Love the way your top is looking. Thank you for the link to the tutorial. Do you use the same glue?

Janet said...

Almost there. What an accomplishment. Enjoy your weekend.

Kyle said...

Incredible. You're almost got those pieces finished.

kiwikid said...

Those blocks are stunning.

Carol C. said...

This is incredible!! So beautiful!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails