Friday, August 19, 2022

Still all applique ...

I'll just check in tonight with a quick applique progress post - I'm feeling like I'm on a roll and would love to get right back into applique prep!

Block 13 is all stitched and finished now, so this week I started prepping all the pieces for the last three blocks:

Gosh I love glue baste applique, it has rocked my applique world!


This afternoon I had all the pieces ready to position on the blocks. I'm so thrilled to have this done!


And now I have the pattern sheet on top of my lightbox, the background fabric on top of that, and I'm slowly putting all the shapes in place ready for stitching. 

So, because I can't sit still right now - I'm just dying to get back to it, I'll sign off here, and check back with you all at the end of the weekend with how far I've gotten. Chatter soon! xox

9 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is a lot of prep work for your applique - I never do it that way and just do needle turn instead. I don't get the accuracy you do though - have fun stitching.

Chookyblue...... said...

Can you explain that process you use a bit more? So good to be motivated on a project......

Julierose said...

What a lot of pieces--all so nicely prepped--I only have used the starch and press over method for applique--do you use a specialty glue so you can stitch these on ? Hugs, julierose

loulee said...

I would have thought that after so many blocks you wouldn't need the pattern sheet any more, surely you can place the pieces with your eyes closed. LOL
Hope you enjoy your time sewing all those tiny pieces down.

Elsie Montgomery said...

This is looking great. I love that method too, and in some of my landscapes, I whack out the pieces without a pattern or paper and glue the edges under, then sew them down. Your post fired me up to get at it! blessings...

Kyle said...

You're rocking these pieces out!!

Janet said...

Oh wow, you have an assembly line going. Wow. I really need to learn that method. I feel like I am all thumbs with it. Maybe it's my arthritis causing this. I am amazed by you. Smart on your part to continue while you are hot.
Have a great weekend.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Well, at least I have started In The Garden..... Lilly may have a fabric change.... We shall see, but you will have a beautiful quilt when finished! Hugs

kiwikid said...

All your prepped pieces look amazing. Have fun stitching.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails