Friday, December 24, 2021

Christmas Eve

We're ready for our family celebration tomorrow, the table is set, all the presents are wrapped, and I'm pumped for an early start in the morning to begin cooking. I've always loved the Christmas season, and this year as with all others, from my home to yours Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

I finally got this years gingerbread creation put together:

I've declared it to be an Orangerie - they seem to be all the rage right now, and with the sapin de Noel inside, it definitely fits the bill. I just didn't have the energy for a larger creation, so next year I'll make something grander.

In other baking news, I've made cupcakes for tomorrow:

We'll probably be in a food coma pretty early, so there may be leftovers for boxing day. Fingers crossed!

Activity in the sewing room has been sort of on pause, but I did manage to get another two of the free Block Friday blocks put together, I only have one more to catch up on ... until tonight's block comes out!

This is block 10, it was so much fun to put together. I love the blue fabric with daisies, it's such an oldie, but so sweet!

And this one is block seven - another cutie. The pink fabric is another favourite. It must be block six that I'm missing, and it's one that I'd like to re-engineer. That will be a job I'll tackle in a few days time.

Well, that's it for today - I'm going to get a last few things done before I head to bed - tomorrow is going to be a wonderful day, and I hope it is for you all too! xox

4 comments:

Janet said...

I love your dishes, toile is my favorite. What pattern do you have? I have a German set but use Twas the Night by Johnson Brothers.
The Gingerbread house is spectacular and of yes, definitely a sweet coma. I love your blocks, I wished the site showed them with fabrics. You have been an inspiration through the year, thank you for that.
Merry Christmas to you and your family. Exciting with your granddaughter.
Until next week.

Denice Barker said...

Your table setting is beautiful but the first thought in my head was "oh no! someone is going to spill the gravy on that beautiful quilt!"

Pam said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family

Lizzy said...

Merry Christmas my darling friend! I love that a little bit of ‘us’ gets to share in your joyous celebration even if might have gravy spilt on it ❤️������

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails