Friday, October 01, 2021

Welcome to October!

OMG, can you believe it's October already? I surely can't, it seems like this year is flashing by! And I'm not certain exactly what I've managed to achieve?

Anyway, this week I've tried to work in as much stitching time as possible, even though we've had tradies buzzing about, and there are more to come. We had solar installed last week, and this week we replaced our ducted heating/cooling - ouch$$! Once we've recovered a little from that I'll get the kitchen refresh underway and hopefully we won't have any more large expenditures for a little while (fingers crossed).

So for the quilting related content:

I finished the larger tree skirt - unfortunately the days have been dark and damp, so I haven't managed to get any good light to take a nice photo. I'm super happy with how it came out though. I'm writing the pattern at the moment - which is something I have to force myself to do. For some reason I'd rather be actually sewing than tapping away on the computer ;-)

I also put this little doodad together - it's destined to be a gift, I just need to hand stitch the binding on the reverse side. I fell in love with the sweet pine tree fabric when I was at Spotlight not so long ago, and I'm actually wishing I got more. That may still happen!

And I had to pop into Spotlight again today as in addition to other things, they had 50% off Wiltshire and Decor products - I had wanted to get some cake forks and noticed they had our cutlery pattern there, so I picked those up. And a new lunchbox for Camo - how he manages to destroy them so fast I'll never know. And it's never a bad idea to pick up a few cute fabrics when they're on sale. Because of our sweet Grandbaby Mary, I am finding that my stash collecting is taking a new turn. I have another quilt in mind for her when I finish working on these holiday projects, and I'll be able to use the pretty pinks and purples in it. And the yellow was just because I hardly have any yellow in my stash, and I'm determined to slowly fix that.

Last of all, I promised last week I'd try and share a progress picture on my wholecloth quilt - because it's just white on white it's hard to capture, and also difficult to share the scale, but here we go:

For some reason I am absolutely obsessed with quilting on this at the moment, even though hours of work doesn't really add up to much in the 'show and tell' department. Maybe this quilt is closer to being finished than I think?

Anyway - that's my update for this week - I'm looking forward to seeing what I managed to get done in the coming week. Chatter soon! xox

2 comments:

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Love them all!- especially the tree skirt and the do-dad! Fabric is catchy! AND that hand quilting! WOW. Hugs

Vicki W said...

Your tree skirt is beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails