Friday, October 08, 2021

Quickie Post

I’m just dropping in to keep up my Friday commitment tonight, but I promise to post again before the weekend is over. I picked up my new laptop today and Marty is mid-file-transfer, so I’ll leave him be and work from my iPad for now.

This week in addition to other things, I’ve been putting a few stitches in the Lily Rosenberry appliqué blocks. I didn’t want anyone to think I’d abandoned it, it’s humming along slowly in the background while I’ve been distracted with other things:

It makes me so happy that some of these fabrics were gifts from our lovely Pam Holland.


I don’t usually show the back of my appliqué blocks, but you can see where I’ve stitched and where I still need to secure the pieces. 

Tonight I have some machine quilting to do for a lovely friend, and hopefully once that’s done I’ll be able to start working with my new toy! Chatter soon xox

5 comments:

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Oh these blocks are so beautiful! Your applique stitches are perfect, you should show off the back!

Janet said...

Yes, your stitches are so perfect, it looks like machine stitching.
Enjoy your new lap top. Happy weekend.

Gretchen Weaver said...

I love these blocks, they're so pretty! People like to see the back of applique for some reason. Happy stitching!

Jean McGee said...

Just caught up with your last two blogs Tara, once again beautiful work even from the back view. Love the spotlight fabrics you've acquired they do have some special fabrics and it would be irresponsible to pass them by, they might not be there next time! Sounds like a busy household at yours lately which is a good reason to hide away in your sewing room.
Take care and see you soon.😍🌺

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

I purchased the pattern. So beautiful. You stitch tiny stitches like I do. Great work.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails