Friday, July 09, 2021

Quickie Post

This is just going to be a quickie post, it's almost 11.30pm and I'd like to get this done while it's still Friday! Today has been a busy day, and I still have a few things I'd like to do before I head to bed :-)

First up I wanted to share with you a gift I've put together - a table runner for a sweet cousin of ours. I am completely confident she has no notion of reading any quilting blog, let alone mine, so my secret is safe with you all ...


I started working on it yesterday afternoon, and completed it today. It's for a special birthday, so I dug into some of my precious William Morris fabric, designed by our lovely Michele Hill. I enjoyed making the runner so much I made another for the birthday girl's sister, as I don't think I've given her anything I've made before. You can just see the second runner (which is exactly the same) peeking out on the top right of the picture. I literally finished the binding on the second runner 15 minutes ago, so I got them done just in time!

And for the second picture of the day, I had ordered a salad bowl a little while back and finally got the call that it had come into stock:


I am just in love with this dinnerware! This is the 29.5cm (12in) salad bowl. I had ordered the smaller one too, but that's back-ordered. I'm going to gather a few serving pieces to coordinate with my white dinnerware and call my collection done. Let's see if I can actually exercise such restraint?

That's going to have to be it for tonight, I'll share more next week I promise! Have a great weekend, and we'll chatter soon <3 <3

3 comments:

Pam said...

The table runner is beautiful, love the fabric and the quilting

Janet said...

Your cousin is very lucky to get such a beautiful and thoughtful gift from you. She may decide to visit your blog in the future.
I love your salad bowl. The design looks familiar but won't pop into my head. Have a wonderful weekend.

Barwitzki said...

We can't have everything ... but we can do a lot of beautiful things
ourselves :-) Yes :-)))
Your runner is great ... what a nice birthday present. And that you made a second one for ... is so nice. I love making gifts myself. At the moment I am sewing small bags, I forgot to take photos of the last two, they are already nicely packaged, maybe I can still take photos if I give them away - they are sports motifs because the Olympics are coming.
Best regards to you, I'm glad that I found you. Viola

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails